Number of Positions: 1
Job Title: Data Engineer
Base Pay Type: Salaried, Exempt
Position Type: Full-time
For more than 140 years, Follett has been the leading wholesale and retailer of textbooks.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team and help to solve problems on some of the world's largest product data sets. We utilize industry leading technology to drive real-time sourcing and selling decisions in the largest B2B textbook marketplace ever created.
Stop looking for a "job" and find a fun and exciting career with an excellent team where you can be challenged as well as enjoy the perfect work-life balance. Find out why so many choose to continue their career at Follett!
- Work in a dynamic Agile team environment closely with engineers, product managers and other teams owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- Be a member of a cross functional team of data scientists, software and machine learning engineers sharing learnings across many domains.
- Produce high quality code, on time and on target.
- Research and understand product requirements to ensure success.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and 5+ years of industry experience using data engineering and machine learning to solve real-world problems with large datasets, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- A blend of data engineering, machine learning and Big Data skills that let you jump into a fast paced environment and contribute from day one.
- Strong programming skills and fluency in data manipulation (SQL) and machine learning.
- Experience scaling up data infrastructure (user event logging, ETLs, reporting and visualization) and backend data management products (including AWS Redshift, Tableau).
- Self-motivated and a strong sense of ownership.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies and strong communication skills to successfully work in a remote team.