Valora Inc’s mission is to unlock access to financial opportunity so everyone can create and share value without barriers. We believe every person should have access to the information, education, and tools needed to build wealth. When everyone has the potential to prosper, our world will be a more supportive and interconnected place.
Valora is seeking a Senior Partnerships Manager to identify and execute Go-To-Market (GTM) partnerships for Valora in Nigeria. The focus of this role is on developing easy-to-test win-win local partnerships.
We are a remote friendly team looking for someone based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Start Date: Immediate
- Candidate Location: Lagos, Nigeria, candidates must currently be located in Lagos.
- Type: 3-month contract, full-time
- Collaborate with Valora's Marketing and Product teams to refine Valora's target audience in Nigeria, and will contribute to defining how Valora is positioned to that audience. Map out a potential partner landscape that provides Valora with access to the selected audiences.
- Identify, negotiate, close and execute strategic partnerships that help Valora grow its user base and improve Valora's product offering in Nigeria. This will include marketing (non-web3) partnerships, such as distribution/channel partnerships, co-marketing opportunities, PR opportunities, among others. And product partnerships, such as cash-in cash-out partners, merchant payments, etc.
- Engage with Nigerian and African-based web3 builders to encourage them to make their dapps work with Valora.
- Own the full partnership lifecycle: from prospecting, outreach, coming up with win-win partnership propositions, negotiating, and driving them through execution in partnership with XFN teams
- 5+ years of experience in the strategic partnerships function (This is not a sales role!), including experience building and managing the full partnership lifecycle, from prospecting to negotiating, closing, and executing strategic partnerships.
- A track record of crafting and executing win-win strategic partnerships.
- Knowledge of the local web3 and fintech landscape in Nigeria, including use cases, products, adoption, trends, and the competitive landscape for mobile payments, banking, and investment applications.
- Knowledge of local communities, groups, clubs, and organizations related to technology and payments.
- A local network across tech, fintech, web3 in Nigeria (and across the African region) you can leverage to communicate and close win-win partnerships that generate real value for Valora users and the larger community.
- Experience successfully collaborating with cross-functional and international teams.
You may have:
- Experience designing and running self-serve partnerships programs
- Experience working in web3
- Experience working in international / emerging markets (other than Nigeria)