Valora Inc’s mission is to unlock access to financial opportunity so everyone can create and share value without barriers. We believe every person should have access to the information, education, and tools needed to build wealth. When everyone has the potential to prosper, our world will be a more supportive and interconnected place.
A successful General Counsel is a clear communicator, highly analytical, and possesses the necessary skills and experience to work effectively in a team. The ideal candidate has a collaborative attitude, makes thoughtful decisions in a timely manner and never hesitates to roll up their sleeves. You have an eye for detail, hold yourself to the highest standard and are inspired to help your team reach success.
- Serve as lead team member and key strategic advisor in developing and leading legal strategy, working cross-functionally with other teams.
- Provide counseling for product features and initiatives and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including current and upcoming regulations related to unhosted wallets, consumer related issues, privacy and data security matters.
- Identify and evaluate business and legal risks with new product and feature launches, providing long-term legal strategies while finding creative ways to mitigate risk while meeting business objectives.
- Understanding of regulations and current and future regulatory landscape pertaining to cryptocurrency/DeFi/unhosted wallets in the US and abroad.
- Participate in product and cross-functional initiative development through the life cycle of these features, campaigns and initiatives.
- Review and oversee commercial contracts, including partnerships and deals with talent agencies, content creators, influencers.
- Overseeing all corporate transactions, financings, and corporate governance.
- Manage all intellectual property, litigation and employment matters.
- Liaise and manage outside counsel.
- 10+ years of experience providing product and/or financial/regulatory guidance preferably in the crypto/fintech space, in-house experience with apps is a plus.
- J.D. degree and licensed to practice law in the U.S.
- Experience advising product, engineering, design and marketing teams on launching new products and features.
- Strong understanding of crypto-relevant regulations, including payments, money transmission law, AML/KYC/OFAC rules, privacy and information security.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.