About the Company
Valon’s mission is to empower every homeowner. We believe the journey of home ownership starts when you get your keys, but lasts far beyond. We’re creating a world where home ownership comes with ease, security, and financial know-how. Our growing team of engineers, operators, product enthusiasts, and experienced servicing professionals are leveraging technology to fundamentally improve the homeownership experience. Through mortgage servicing—the process of paying off one’s mortgage—Valon is taking the first step in transforming the industry one homeowner, and lender, at a time.
Client Experience at Valon
The Client Experience team is a group of organized and altruistic individuals who provide our homeowners with exceptional service. Whether taking ownership of collections, managing default processes, or solving homeowner issues in real-time, the team acts as the bridge between Valon and our homeowners. Equipped with extensive knowledge of the mortgage industry, each member prides themselves on embodying Valon’s mission of championing homeownership.
About the Role
We are seeking a Resolutions Specialist to handle inbound and outbound emails to and from our homeowners as well as call overflow from our Client Engagement team, along with handling chats. This person will meet all critical contact center metrics while ensuring our homeowners receive the highest quality of service. The ideal candidate thrives in fast-paced environments, possesses excellent de-escalation skills, and shifts seamlessly between different areas of and modes of communication within the Client Experience department.
- Respond to homeowner inquiries via email and chat in a timely and professional manner.
- Handle inbound and/or outbound calls in accordance with department guidelines.
- Conduct research and coordinate with other back-office teams to respond to homeowner inquiries while meeting our Client Experience Service Level Agreements.
- Adhere to all company and departmental policies at all times.
- Previous experience with Google Suite.
- Previous experience with CRM systems.
- Ability to multitask across platforms.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience.
- Previous mortgage servicing experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong typing and computer navigation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with other business areas.
- Ability to de-escalate customer issues.
What we can offer:
- Compensation: Competitive salary and a 401(k) plan—with a 4% annual match!
- Hours: No weekends or late nights required!
- Generous amount of paid time off: 17 days of paid time off, 5 additional paid sick days, and 11 paid company holidays!
- Health & well-being: We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive, low-cost medical, dental, & vision benefits, and an EAP for additional support!
- Food & meals: In-office snacks and drinks (and Bagel Fridays)!
- Grow together: We set new employees up for success with our company-wide New Hire Orientation! Other learning and development opportunities include quarterly possibilities for promotion and annual performance reviews.
- Baby bonding time: Birthing and non-birthing parents receive 12 weeks of FULLY PAID time off to focus on their new addition(s)!