Valo Health (formerly Integral Health) is a technology company applying human and machine intelligence to accelerate the creation of life-changing medical treatments. At the core of this vision is Valo’s computational platform: an end-to-end, integrated drug discovery and development engine that is being built from the ground up.
Valo hires the best and gives them first-class training and support. If you’re driven to perform, you’ll fit right in! We approach our work fearlessly, learn quickly, improve constantly, and celebrate our wins. A centerpiece of our culture is our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. Diversity fuels the Valo experience and drives us every day. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
About the Role
Valo Health is seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist with expertise in ADME to join the Analytical Sciences group at our Lexington, MA research center. The successful candidate will play an important role in advancing the drug discovery pipeline and have a passionate desire to progress new medicines for patients while working in an innovative and fast-paced small company environment.
What You’ll do…
- Manage and execute high throughput & definitive ADME assays/workflows to support the small molecule preclinical pipeline (i.e., metabolic stability, bidirectional permeability, drug-drug interaction, protein binding & solubility studies)
- Implementation of new emerging technologies/innovations/assays/automation to advance discovery capabilities and improve on operational efficiencies
- Lead establishment of experimental ADME workflow best practices to maintain a high level of data quality, integrity, and traceability
- Work closely with Valo’s Data Scientists and software engineers to support AI/ML initiatives and optimize ADME predictive models
- Subject-Matter-expert representation to the discovery teams and interpretation of ADME assay data to support de-risking of lead compounds/series by DMPK
- Collaborate with other multidisciplinary science teams to assess, track, and solve therapeutic developability challenges across the preclinical portfolio
- Oversee day-to-day operation and maintenance of analytical technologies including tandem mass spec instrumentational and liquid handling automation
- Supervise and mentor junior colleagues in the Analytical Sciences team
What You'll Bring…
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacokinetics, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related life science discipline with 5+ years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience or BS/MS degree with 10+ years
- Extensive hands-on experience in the design, qualification, and implementation of novel ADMET, physicochemical and biophysical characterization assays.
- Expert ability to operate & troubleshoot LC-MS/MS instrumentation (Sciex & Waters platforms a plus)
- Ability to integrate laboratory workflows & analytical data into LIMS and ELN platforms
- Documented sustained performance and accomplishment as well as demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thought, and ability to effectively collaborate with others, add to project strategy & deliverables and participate in decision-making
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Bioanalytical experience a plus
- ADME modeling/machine learning integration experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skill are required
More on Valo
Valo Health, LLC (“Valo”) is a technology company built to transform the drug discovery and development process using human-centric data and artificial intelligence-driven computation. As a digitally native company, Valo aims to fully integrate human-centric data across the entire drug development life cycle into a single unified architecture, thereby accelerating the discovery and development of life-changing drugs while simultaneously reducing costs, time, and failure rates. The company’s Opal Computational Platform™ is an integrated set of capabilities designed to transform data into valuable insights that may accelerate discoveries and enable Valo to advance a robust pipeline of programs across cardiovascular metabolic renal, oncology, and neurodegenerative disease. Founded by Flagship Pioneering and headquartered in Boston, MA, Valo also has offices in Lexington, MA, San Francisco, CA, Princeton, NJ, and Branford, CT. To learn more, visit www.valohealth.com