Valo Health (formerly Integral Health) is a technology company applying human and machine intelligence to accelerate the creation of life-changing medical treatments. At the core of this vision is Valo’s computational platform: an end-to-end, integrated drug discovery and development engine that is being built from the ground up.
Valo hires the best and gives them first-class training and support. If you’re driven to perform, you’ll fit right in! We approach our work fearlessly, learn quickly, improve constantly, and celebrate our wins. A centerpiece of our culture is our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. Diversity fuels the Valo experience and drives us every day. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated scientist to join our in vitro pharmacology group. In this role, the scientist will utilize biochemical and cellular assays to support our hit ID and lead optimization efforts. The scientist will be expected to present at internal program and team meetings and contribute to these meetings by providing constructive and innovative ideas. If this description aligns with your experience, then this position may be a good fit for you.
What You’ll do…
- Collaborate with a world class, multidisciplinary team of drug discovery scientists from medicinal and platform chemistry, DEL, in vitro pharmacology, biology, and data science to advance multiple small molecule programs as new clinical candidates for the treatment of several diseases
- Design, develop, validate, and execute innovative biochemical and cell-based screening assays for hit triage workflows, lead-finding, and mechanism of action studies
- Routine culture and maintenance of various mammalian cell lines
- Clearly analyze, interpret and communicate data to program teams
- Work collaboratively for timely execution of both HTS campaigns and in vitro drug efficacy determinations
- Interpret, summarize, and present research findings in internal and external scientific meetings and conferences
- Maintain a stable and productive environment through quality control, preventative maintenance, and standard operating procedures
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of HTS data analysis and software packages
- Experience working with HTS automation platforms and associated workflows is a plus.
What You'll Bring…
- Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, biophysics, cell/molecular biology, or related discipline with 0-2 years of industrial experience or a M.S degree with 3+ years of industrial experience
- Experience in the design and development of biochemical (e.g., fluorescence, HTRF, luminescence assays etc.) and a broad range of cell-based (e.g., reporter gene, cytotoxicity, immunofluorescence, high content imaging) assays.
- Ability to effectively communicate results and or research ideas.
- Experience in using software like GraphPad Prism, Spotfire and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to advance drug discovery projects in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work efficiently and productively in a rapidly growing fast-paced environment
- Prior experience in small-molecule screening that includes familiarity with liquid handlers and automation systems is preferred
More on Valo
Valo Health, LLC (“Valo”) is a technology company built to transform the drug discovery and development process using human-centric data and artificial intelligence-driven computation. As a digitally native company, Valo aims to fully integrate human-centric data across the entire drug development life cycle into a single unified architecture, thereby accelerating the discovery and development of life-changing drugs while simultaneously reducing costs, time, and failure rates. The company’s Opal Computational Platform™ is an integrated set of capabilities designed to transform data into valuable insights that may accelerate discoveries and enable Valo to advance a robust pipeline of programs across cardiovascular metabolic renal, oncology, and neurodegenerative disease. Founded by Flagship Pioneering and headquartered in Boston, MA, Valo also has offices in Lexington, MA, San Francisco, CA, Princeton, NJ, and Branford, CT. To learn more, visit www.valohealth.com