Job Title: Automation Chemist (High Throughput)
Location: Lexington, MA
Valo Health is a technology company applying human and machine intelligence to accelerate the creation of life-changing medical treatments. At the core of this vision is Valo’s computational platform: an end-to-end, integrated drug discovery and development engine that is being built from the ground up.
Valo hires the best and gives them first-class training and support. If you are driven to perform, you’ll fit right in! We approach our work fearlessly, learn quickly, improve constantly, and celebrate our wins. A centerpiece of our culture is our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. Diversity fuels the Valo experience and drives us every day. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
About the Role...
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated Automation Chemist to join the Early Discovery Chemistry team at Valo Health. This individual will be responsible for applying state-of-the-art high-throughput medicinal and synthetic chemistry expertise to advance small-molecule drug discovery programs toward the clinic and provide support for developing next generation chemistry technologies.
What You’ll Do…
- Help advance medicinal chemistry projects through application of cutting edge synthetic technology in the lab
- Independently design synthetic routes, solve complex synthetic problems in the hood, synthesize, purify, and characterize libraries of small molecules
- Contribute to the development of emerging drug discovery technologies.
- Leverage our world class computational platform in the design of novel compound libraries
- Independently design compounds based on team or individual hypotheses, utilize novel methodologies and technologies, and carry out multi-step syntheses of small molecules
- Use contemporary medicinal chemistry principles to drive projects to key decision points
- Collaborate with peers and work effectively and efficiently as an important part of a cross-functional team
- Plan, coordinate, and manage research activities conducted at CROs
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring…
- Ph D. with 8+ years or MS in Chemistry with 15+ years of industrial experience in medicinal chemistry with a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company
- Experience working on a diverse range of drug targets and structure-based drug design is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging problems and produce innovative science, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, patents, and presentations at scientific conferences
- Experience managing contract research organizations.
- Some experience with programming in Python is desired.
- Proven ability to think independently while simultaneously operating in a collaborative, matrixed environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to rapidly generate clear and concise reports, papers, and presentation
More on Valo
Valo Health, LLC (“Valo”) is a technology company built to transform the drug discovery and development process using human-centric data and artificial intelligence-driven computation. As a digitally native company, Valo aims to fully integrate human-centric data across the entire drug development life cycle into a single unified architecture, thereby accelerating the discovery and development of life-changing drugs while simultaneously reducing costs, time, and failure rates. The company’s Opal Computational Platform™ is an integrated set of capabilities designed to transform data into valuable insights that may accelerate discoveries and enable Valo to advance a robust pipeline of programs across cardiovascular metabolic renal, oncology, and neurodegenerative disease. Founded by Flagship Pioneering and headquartered in Boston, MA, Valo also has offices in Lexington, MA, San Francisco, CA, Princeton, NJ, and Branford, CT. To learn more, visit www.valohealth.com.