Job Title: Software Engineer II
Valo Health is a biotechnology company that was created with the belief that drug discovery and development should be faster and less expensive, with a much higher probability of success. To achieve this goal, we are pioneering a novel, fully integrated approach that combines data and machine learning insights at every step of the process. We are a multi-disciplinary team that brings together experts at every phase of software and drug development to create a cohesive platform. Our end goal is to create life-changing medical treatments by combining expertise in technology and life sciences with a comprehensive view of the entire drug discovery and development process.
Valo is committed to hiring a world-class team that brings together a wide variety of different skills and experiences. We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience, and believe that diversity makes us stronger by bringing in new ideas and perspectives. We strive to create a workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
About the Role...
Valo is hiring a software engineer to help us build out our industry-leading computational drug discovery and development platform. Software engineers are responsible for everything from building new APIs to enable visualization and research on potential drug molecules, to building data extraction pipelines to enable analysis on remote research servers. We are taking on hard engineering problems that are found in few other places throughout industry, so we are looking for engineers with the flexibility and ingenuity to match.
What You’ll Do…
- Implement and deliver compute and data services that support the workflows of our data scientists and researchers
- Develop software infrastructure that will be deployed to a range of environments, including public cloud, remote on-prem, and HPC
- Collaborate with data scientists, life scientists and other stakeholders to complete projects in a highly cross-functional environment
- Learn from a group of experienced software engineers and industry veterans excited to support and grow your skills as a software engineer
What You Bring…
- 2+ years working in software engineering
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with one or more of our development languages (Python, Java, Kotlin)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
You May Also Bring…
- A background in drug development or another healthcare or biotechnology field
- Experience with scalable analysis tools and platforms such as Hadoop or Spark
- Experience working with AWS, Pulumi, TeamCity, and other infrastructure tools
- A background in machine learning
More on Valo
Valo Health is a privately held company founded in 2019 by David Berry, a General Partner at Flagship Pioneering who has founded over 30 companies. Valo is one of the newest companies conceived and launched at Flagship Labs, which has created over a hundred successful companies, including Denali Therapeutics and Moderna. Valo recently raised a $300 million Series B led by the Public Sector Pension Investment Board. Even more recently, Valo announced plans to go public and raise an additional $180 million. Despite this, we’re still a small team, and are looking to grow rapidly as we take on new challenges!