Job Title: Principal Software Engineer
Valo Health is a biotechnology company that was created with the belief that drug discovery and development should be faster and less expensive, with a much higher probability of success. To achieve this goal, we are pioneering a novel, fully integrated approach that combines data and machine learning insights at every step of the process. We are a multi-disciplinary team that brings together experts at every phase of software and drug development to create a cohesive platform. Our end goal is to create life-changing medical treatments by combining expertise in technology and life sciences with a comprehensive view of the entire drug discovaery and development process.
Valo is committed to hiring a world-class team that brings together a wide variety of different skills and experiences. We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience, and believe that diversity makes us stronger by bringing in new ideas and perspectives. We strive to create a workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
About the Role...
Valo is hiring a Principal Software Engineer to be a leader within the software engineering team that is building out our industry-leading computational drug discovery and development platform. Software engineers are responsible for everything from building new APIs to enable visualization and research on potential drug molecules, to building data extraction pipelines to enable analysis on remote research servers. We are taking on hard engineering problems that are found in few other places throughout the industry, so we are looking for engineers with the flexibility and ingenuity to match.
What You’ll Do…
- Design, implement, and deliver automated software and infrastructure deployment to improve the security, availability, and reliability of our technology platform
- Maintain a system of dev, test, and production environments within our cloud and in offsite compute environments
- Implement systems for monitoring, alerting, and budget management for cloud and remote infrastructure
- Take on a broad set of no-frills infrastructure tasks, from Linux server administration, to cloud resource provisioning, to application monitoring
- Collaborate closely with software and data science teams, and with other business stakeholders
What You Bring…
- 12+ years working in software engineering
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with two or more of our development languages (Python, Java, Kotlin)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience with scalable analysis tools and platforms such as Hadoop or Spark
You Might Also Bring…
- A background in drug development or another healthcare or biotechnology field
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience working with AWS, Pulumi, TeamCity, and other infrastructure tools
- Experience with DevOps
- A background in machine learning
More on Valo
Valo Health, LLC (“Valo”) is a technology company built to transform the drug discovery and development process using human-centric data and artificial intelligence-driven computation. As a digitally native company, Valo aims to fully integrate human-centric data across the entire drug development life cycle into a single unified architecture, thereby accelerating the discovery and development of life-changing drugs while simultaneously reducing costs, time, and failure rates. The company’s Opal Computational Platform™ is an integrated set of capabilities designed to transform data into valuable insights that may accelerate discoveries and enable Valo to advance a robust pipeline of programs across cardiovascular metabolic renal, oncology, and neurodegenerative disease. Founded by Flagship Pioneering and headquartered in Boston, MA, Valo also has offices in Lexington, MA, San Francisco, CA, Princeton, NJ, and Branford, CT. To learn more, visit www.valohealth.com.