Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Valo Health is a biotechnology company that was created with the belief that drug discovery and development should be faster and less expensive, with a much higher probability of success. To achieve this goal, we are pioneering a novel, fully integrated approach that combines data and machine learning insights at every step of the process. We are a multi-disciplinary team that brings together experts at every phase of software and drug development to create a cohesive platform. Our end goal is to create life-changing medical treatments by combining expertise in technology and life sciences with a comprehensive view of the entire drug discovery and development process.
Valo is committed to hiring a world-class team that brings together a wide variety of different skills and experiences. We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience, and believe that diversity makes us stronger by bringing in new ideas and perspectives. We strive to create a workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
About the Role...
Valo is hiring an experienced DevOps engineer to support the software development, operations, and infrastructure of our next-generation computational drug discovery and development platform. We are looking for someone who can quickly come up to speed on our existing technology (AWS, CloudFormation, Terraform, Pulumi, Jenkins, TeamCity) and work with stakeholders—primarily engineers and data scientists—to dramatically improve our SDLC process and infrastructure. Success in this role will enable engineers and scientists of all stripes to build tools, services, products, dashboards, and ML models quickly, reliably, and safely, which will further accelerate our ability to quickly and cost effectively discover, develop, and deliver life changing drugs to patients who need them.
What You’ll Do…
- Design, implement, and deliver automated software and infrastructure deployment to improve the security, availability, and reliability of our technology platform
- Maintain a system of dev, test, and production environments within our cloud and in offsite compute environments
- Implement systems for monitoring, alerting, and budget management for cloud and remote infrastructure
- Take on a broad set of no-frills infrastructure tasks, from Linux server administration, to cloud resource provisioning, to application monitoring
- Collaborate closely with software and data science teams, and with other business stakeholders
What You Bring…
- Experience with a diverse array of cloud-based services such as AWS Control Tower, EC2, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, Route53, CloudWatch etc.
- Extensive experience working with infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD in a production environment
- Experience writing, testing and maintaining complex scripts in Bash or Python
- Extensive experience with Linux system administration on EC2
- 4+ years working with software and data infrastructure
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a similar technical field, or equivalent experience
You Might Also Bring…
- A background in drug development or another healthcare or biotechnology field
- Experience with HIPAA compliance
- Experience programming professionally in Python, Java, or another similar language
More on Valo
Valo Health, LLC (“Valo”) is a technology company built to transform the drug discovery and development process using human-centric data and artificial intelligence-driven computation. As a digitally native company, Valo aims to fully integrate human-centric data across the entire drug development life cycle into a single unified architecture, thereby accelerating the discovery and development of life-changing drugs while simultaneously reducing costs, time, and failure rates. The company’s Opal Computational Platform™ is an integrated set of capabilities designed to transform data into valuable insights that may accelerate discoveries and enable Valo to advance a robust pipeline of programs across cardiovascular metabolic renal, oncology, and neurodegenerative disease. Founded by Flagship Pioneering and headquartered in Boston, MA, Valo also has offices in Lexington, MA, San Francisco, CA, Princeton, NJ, and Branford, CT. To learn more, visit www.valohealth.com.