Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There’s just one problem: Because authentication isn’t built into this platform, nobody can be certain who is sending most of these messages. This gap means that companies are vulnerable to a whole host of attacks on their employees, partners, and customers. Whether it’s wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or “fake news” in an attempt to destroy a brand, companies have been powerless to protect themselves against these impersonation attacks.
Valimail solves this problem. We’ve built a revolutionary platform on top of open standards — DMARC, DKIM, and SPF — that for the first time makes it possible for any organization to protect itself against email impersonation. Valimail pioneered the notion of automated email authentication, with innovative components like our DNS-based Authenticator (including our patented Instant SPF). Our system enables organizations to authenticate their email quickly, easily, and reliably.
We’re committed to building a more trusted email ecosystem by being a leader in Email Authentication as a Service. As part of that commitment, we’re active participants in the open source and standards communities. We’re co-authors of open standards like ARC and BIMI, and contribute to a variety of open source projects that serve the wider community.
Vice President of Product - Remote
We’re looking for a passionate Vice President of Product who will own the product management practice, drive product strategy, and develop a team to support the overall product vision. This leader will help to define, de-risk and execute against a product roadmap that will move the needle for the organization. The role demands strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, technical fluency, empathy, humility and an appreciation for and understanding of lean startup, agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Coach and develop a team to support the Product Management practice with a focus on strong methodology, product management principles, and agile iteration.
- Develop and drive the Product Roadmap- ensuring consistent deliverables and milestones
- Work collaboratively across the business to define impactful product features and continuously assess metrics for success
- Bridge business goals, user needs and feasibility as you help design and ship product
- Act as a subject matter expert in the domain and identify the trends and opportunities in the email space
- Ask the right questions, craft solutions and deliver validated digital products to our clients
- Work with your team to discern what needs to be tested and how to test it
- Develop strong processes around conducting interviews with stakeholders and end-users and synthesize insights into actionable next steps
- Ensure a concise product backlog, user stories, and a well managed release schedule
- Act as an ambassador for your team to all stakeholders so they can focus on building the right product.
- Communicate product goals, features, and releases throughout the company to ensure product transparency
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management with 8+ years leading teams
- Product Management or product design experience within a SaaS company
- Experience developing a product roadmap from end-to-end and managing a team for delivery
- Has developed and institutionalized product management methodology within a software organization
- Empathy for the end user and a demonstrated bias towards action
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps
- Has worked in a lean startup product environment
- Software development experience
- You have been responsible for and contributed to more than just product development
Frequently cited statistics show that underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Valimail, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Valimail is the trusted leader in fully automated email authentication, with the only comprehensive platform for anti-impersonation, brand protection, and compliance used by corporations and federal agencies such as Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. Valimail Enforce is the only FedRAMP-authorized email authentication service and, because it uses no personally identifiable information (PII), it is also GDPR compliant. Valimail authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies, in finance, government, transportation, health care, manufacturing, media, technology, and more.