Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There’s just one problem: Because authentication isn’t built into this platform, nobody can be certain who is sending most of these messages. This gap means that companies are vulnerable to a whole host of attacks on their employees, partners, and customers. Whether it’s wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or “fake news” in an attempt to destroy a brand, companies have been powerless to protect themselves against these impersonation attacks.
Valimail solves this problem. We’ve built a revolutionary platform on top of open standards — DMARC, DKIM, and SPF — that for the first time makes it possible for any organization to protect itself against email impersonation. Valimail pioneered the notion of automated email authentication, with innovative components like our DNS-based Authenticator (including our patented Instant SPF). Our system enables organizations to authenticate their email quickly, easily, and reliably.
We’re committed to building a more trusted email ecosystem by being a leader in Email Authentication as a Service. As part of that commitment, we’re active participants in the open source and standards communities. We’re co-authors of open standards like ARC and BIMI, and contribute to a variety of open source projects that serve the wider community.
We are looking for a UX Designer who is passionate about design and problem solving, a systems thinker, and someone who can create static and interactive prototypes in order to bring ideas to life. You will be a significant contributor for designing the interface and user experience within our product line.
What you’ll be doing:
- Taking a very technical, data heavy product and creating simple, intuitive interfaces
- Creating low and high-fidelity prototypes, wireframes, and/or static mockups that illustrate your proposed solutions to potential end users and internal stakeholders
- Help refine the architecture, user interface, product features, and end-to-end experience for new features/functionality.
- Collaborating with Product Management and Engineering to develop complete and thorough designs all the way to creating build-ready assets
- Establishing design workflows and processes to optimize our product development
- Assess and optimize the effectiveness of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing and user research, and interpreting analytical data.
- Help create/influence/establish internal UI design pattern standards across different projects and initiatives
- 4+ years design experience
- Strong digital product design portfolio with an understanding of human-centered design methodologies
- A passion for design, an eye for detail, and opinions about what is considered “good” vs. “great” design. A bonus if you have experience visualizing complex data sets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to articulate your point of view and your understanding of your proposed solutions
- You work well in a participatory, team-based environment. You support and inspire your team through collaboration as well as offering a designer’s point of view
- You are flexible and able to pivot quickly in order to iterate quickly
- Experience with enterprise SaaS products preferred but not required
- Familiarity with any of the following design tools: Sketch, Figma, Adobe CS, HTML/CSS/JS, Principle, Zeplin, Framer, and/or InVision
- Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design or similar field
Frequently cited statistics show that underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Valimail, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Valimail is the trusted leader in fully automated email authentication, with the only comprehensive platform for anti-impersonation, brand protection, and compliance used by corporations and federal agencies such as Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. Valimail Enforce is the only FedRAMP-authorized email authentication service and, because it uses no personally identifiable information (PII), it is also GDPR compliant. Valimail authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies, in finance, government, transportation, health care, manufacturing, media, technology, and more.
For more information visit www.Valimail.com.