Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There’s just one problem: Because authentication isn’t built into this platform, nobody can be certain who is sending most of these messages. This gap means that companies are vulnerable to a whole host of attacks on their employees, partners, and customers. Whether it’s wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or “fake news” in an attempt to destroy a brand, companies have been powerless to protect themselves against these impersonation attacks.
Valimail solves this problem. We’ve built a revolutionary platform on top of open standards — DMARC, DKIM, and SPF — that for the first time makes it possible for any organization to protect itself against email impersonation. Valimail pioneered the notion of automated email authentication, with innovative components like our DNS-based Authenticator (including our patented Instant SPF). Our system enables organizations to authenticate their email quickly, easily, and reliably.
We’re committed to building a more trusted email ecosystem by being a leader in Email Authentication as a Service. As part of that commitment, we’re active participants in the open source and standards communities. We’re co-authors of open standards like ARC and BIMI, and contribute to a variety of open source projects that serve the wider community.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Architect. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing software solutions to address complex business issues, and providing technical leadership within the engineering department. The ideal applicant will be able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide architectural leadership across a number of interdependent engineering teams, architects, systems and offerings.
- Drive design and implementation of durable and software solutions that will solve critical customer problems.
- Influence the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems. Drive system and platform thinking within development teams.
- Be the technical expert, researching, evaluating, and implementing state-of-the-art technology (open source, third party, etc.).
- Key member of the team in regards to representing the technology driven opportunities and implications of various business and offering strategies and tactics.
- Strong technical documentation and presentation skills to communicate architectural and design options, educating development teams, business users, and senior leadership.
- Provide technical leadership and be a role model to software engineers pursuing a technical career path in engineering.
- Coach and mentor other engineers in process and methodologies.
- Provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, technology prototypes, patent proposals and engineering process improvements.
- Actively stay abreast of web/SaaS/PaaS trends and standards, recommend best practices and share learning.
- Build strong teams - set and evangelize vision, facilitative leadership, attract and retain key talent. Talent steward for the engineering organization, mentor rising leaders.
- Support Software QA, and verification and validation activities to ensure system quality, functionality, and performance.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience. Significant design/architecture experience.
- 10+ years' experience designing and leading architectural efforts for web, software or mobile applications.
- Experience with cloud/SaaS, big data, or analytics and Machine Learning.
- Boundaryless leadership experience: Applying the nuances of influencing based on the situation, knowing when to push and when to ease, driving through designs, ideas, and roadmaps.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of leadership, including executives.
- Expertise with modern technology stacks, microservices, public cloud and programming languages.
- Familiarity with the DNS, DMARC, DKIM, SPF and how technology can be used to solve problems in the end-to-end communication security space.
- Expertise with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails, Golang, SQL, web application development, security and open-source technologies
- Team player possessing strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong mentoring skills. Able to influence and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people.
- Demonstrated ability to work with global teams across time zones.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical environment.
- Experience driving for results across cross-functional teams while maintaining effective working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills. Communicates clearly, succinctly and persuasively to all levels of employees, customers and management (including executives).
- "Self-starter" attitude and the ability to make decisions independently.
- Strong self-motivation and professional pride in your work product.
Frequently cited statistics show that underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Valimail, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Valimail is the trusted leader in fully automated email authentication, with the only comprehensive platform for anti-impersonation, brand protection, and compliance used by corporations and federal agencies such as Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. Valimail Enforce is the only FedRAMP-authorized email authentication service and, because it uses no personally identifiable information (PII), it is also GDPR compliant. Valimail authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies, in finance, government, transportation, health care, manufacturing, media, technology, and more.
For more information visit www.Valimail.com.