Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There’s just one problem: Because authentication isn’t built into this platform, nobody can be certain who is sending most of these messages. This gap means that companies are vulnerable to a whole host of attacks on their employees, partners, and customers. Whether it’s wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or “fake news” in an attempt to destroy a brand, companies have been powerless to protect themselves against these impersonation attacks.
Valimail solves this problem. We’ve built a revolutionary platform on top of open standards — DMARC, DKIM, and SPF — that for the first time makes it possible for any organization to protect itself against email impersonation. Valimail pioneered the notion of automated email authentication, with innovative components like our DNS-based Authenticator (including our patented Instant SPF). Our system enables organizations to authenticate their email quickly, easily, and reliably.
We’re committed to building a more trusted email ecosystem by being a leader in Email Authentication as a Service. As part of that commitment, we’re active participants in the open source and standards communities. We’re co-authors of open standards like ARC and BIMI, and contribute to a variety of open source projects that serve the wider community.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to work closely with all business and engineering teams to develop our strategy for long term data platform architecture. You will collaborate with analytics and business teams to create and improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect, design, implement and maintain our BI data infrastructure (Spark)
- Build high performing and scalable systems to support multiple data pipelines
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design and implement business data models
- Own the uptime, management and reliability of our data warehouse
- Work with technical stakeholders to optimize data flow across the systems
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it
- Perform data analysis to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution
- Work closely with engineering, product management, and other stakeholders to design and optimize data models for our Production environment - web and cloud services
- Work with software architects to design our overall data strategy consistent with industry best practices
- Define tooling strategy for engineer productivity
- Partner with techops to build tools for managing data operations
- Work with techops to resolve data related issues in production databases
- Act as a consultant to engineering and product management in writing and optimizing complex SQL queries
- Design of alerting and streaming workflows
- 5+ years experience developing data warehouse solutions preferably in python
- 5+ years experience developing in Spark & Kafka (preferred), Hadoop, Hive, Airflow, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- 5+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus)
- Experience with Snowflake, Postgres, RDS and other AWS technologies
- Experience with data quality and consistency monitoring
- Ability to collaborate with teams across the company
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Frequently cited statistics show that underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Valimail, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
- Remote development
Frequently cited statistics show underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Valimail, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Valimail is the trusted leader in fully automated email authentication, with the only comprehensive platform for anti-impersonation, brand protection, and compliance used by corporations and federal agencies such as Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. Valimail Enforce is the only FedRAMP-authorized email authentication service and, because it uses no personally identifiable information (PII), it is also GDPR compliant. Valimail authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies, in finance, government, transportation, health care, manufacturing, media, technology, and more.
For more information visit www.Valimail.com.