Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There’s just one problem: Because authentication isn’t built into this platform, nobody can be certain who is sending most of these messages. This gap means that companies are vulnerable to a whole host of attacks on their employees, partners, and customers. Whether it’s wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or “fake news” in an attempt to destroy a brand, companies have been powerless to protect themselves against these impersonation attacks.
Valimail solves this problem. We’ve built a revolutionary platform on top of open standards — DMARC, DKIM, and SPF — that for the first time makes it possible for any organization to protect itself against email impersonation. Valimail pioneered the notion of automated email authentication, with innovative components like our DNS-based Authenticator (including our patented Instant SPF). Our system enables organizations to authenticate their email quickly, easily, and reliably.
We’re committed to building a more trusted email ecosystem by being a leader in Email Authentication as a Service. As part of that commitment, we’re active participants in the open source and standards communities. We’re co-authors of open standards like ARC and BIMI, and contribute to a variety of open source projects that serve the wider community.
We are looking for a Senior Go Engineer who understands the intricacies of the Go language. Your primary focus will be on developing Go packages and programs that are scalable, maintainable, documented and have reasonable test coverage. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, iterative design, and quality product is of utmost importance.
- Writing scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Translating software requirements into stable, working, high performance software
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements
- Participate in continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes and/or standards
- Participate in retrospectives and adapt agile ceremonies to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Ability to collaborate with and contribute to a common culture of excellence
- Assists in the roll-out of software releases
- Monitor existing production systems and take ownership when problems occur
- Deep knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Knowledge of common Goroutine and channel patterns
- Experience with writing Go tests (unit, integration and performance)
- Our stack is Go and Ruby, so big bonus points if you know both.
- Experience working with modern software development practices in a collaborative and agile fashion.
- Commitment to automated testing and collaborative development
- Passion for iterative design and development
- Experience developing applications that report using monitoring technologies (Datadog, statsd) to diagnose operational problems
- Strong experience with data systems, especially SQL. Expert at writing queries and designing schemas. As well as use common analysis tools (i.e. EXPLAIN)
- Experience developing applications for deployment in modern cloud environments. Understands monitoring and instrumentation
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with Kafka (extra bonus with AWS MSK)
- Kafka Schema Registry and Avro schema format
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Related Work Experience
- 5 years Experience developing services for SaaS products
- 5 years Experience with Software Development Methodologies
- Remote development
Frequently cited statistics show that underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Valimail, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Valimail is the trusted leader in fully automated email authentication, with the only comprehensive platform for anti-impersonation, brand protection, and compliance used by corporations and federal agencies such as Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. Valimail Enforce is the only FedRAMP-authorized email authentication service and, because it uses no personally identifiable information (PII), it is also GDPR compliant. Valimail authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies, in finance, government, transportation, health care, manufacturing, media, technology, and more.
For more information visit www.Valimail.com.