Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There’s just one problem: even in today’s modern world, phishing attacks run rampant, costing companies billions of dollars each year. Whether it’s from wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or targeted attacks to steal data, companies have been powerless to protect themselves.
Valimail offers a comprehensive solution for stopping fake email, protecting brands, and helping ensure compliance. We’ve already stopped billions of malicious emails from being delivered, won over a dozen prestigious cybersecurity awards, and are lucky enough to have some of the world's biggest companies as customers, including Fannie Mae, Uber, WeWork, Yelp, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.
As part of our commitment to building a more trusted email ecosystem, we work closely with industry-leading companies to improve the space for everyone. As the number of initiatives, organizations, and conversations scale up dramatically, Valimail has the need for a skilled Technical Operations Engineer to help us meet these commitments and grow.
As Valimail’s next Technical Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for managing highly visible initiatives that help secure billions of inboxes!
What You’ll Be Doing :
- Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly reliable systems
- Serve as subject matter expert in observability and monitoring
- Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
- Automate infrastructure and configuration management
- Conduct timely post-mortems of production infrastructure incidents
- Assist with all aspects of operational security and compliance
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
- Participate in an on-call rotation to receive escalations
- Work with Amazon Web Services, Azure, Ansible, and Terraform
About You :
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with a strong sense of ownership
- Experience developing and monitoring mission-critical systems
- Experience building Infrastructure as Code (preferably with Terraform)
- Substantial experience with a programming language (we use Ruby, Python, and Golang)
- Working knowledge of a centralized configuration tool like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Experience managing, configuring, and tuning data stores (we use Postgres RDS)
- Ideally 3-5 years of experience in this or a related role
Valimail is the trusted leader in fully automated email authentication, with the only comprehensive platform for anti-impersonation, brand protection, and compliance used by corporations and federal agencies such as Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. Valimail Enforce is the only FedRAMP-authorized email authentication service and, because it uses no personally identifiable information (PII), it is also GDPR compliant. Valimail authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies, in finance, government, transportation, health care, manufacturing, media, technology, and more. Valimail is based in San Francisco with our 2nd office being in Denver, CO. For more information visit www.Valimail.com.