Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There’s just one problem: Because authentication isn’t built into this platform, nobody can be certain who is sending most of these messages. This gap means that companies are vulnerable to a whole host of attacks on their employees, partners, and customers. Whether it’s wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or “fake news” in an attempt to destroy a brand, companies have been powerless to protect themselves against these impersonation attacks.
Valimail solves this problem. We’ve built a revolutionary platform on top of open standards — DMARC, DKIM, and SPF — that for the first time makes it possible for any organization to protect itself against email impersonation. Valimail pioneered the notion of automated email authentication, with innovative components like our DNS-based Authenticator (including our patented Instant SPF). Our system enables organizations to authenticate their email quickly, easily, and reliably.
We’re committed to building a more trusted email ecosystem by being a leader in Email Authentication as a Service. As part of that commitment, we’re active participants in the open source and standards communities. We’re co-authors of open standards like ARC and BIMI, and contribute to a variety of open source projects that serve the wider community.
The Microsoft BD mission is to evangelize Valimail throughout Microsoft with the purposes of driving revenue growth. This is accomplished by delivering a well-managed, mutually beneficial Alliance business that drives incremental and long term revenue performance that focuses on expanding Valimail’s core and category products into Microsoft's sales and product motion, while mitigating competitive risks by articulating the distinct value that Valimail + Microsoft brings.
The success of the business is measured by Valimail meeting or exceeding their objectives related to:
- Influenced Revenue Growth
- Industry/Segment Changing Deals
- Awareness /Evangelism
- Evidence/References/Case Studies
- Platform Adoption
In order to meet these objectives, you will need to:
- Develop a comprehensive Partner Business Plan (PBP) that drives revenue growth
- Expand the Microsoft footprint through new solution adoption
- Align and extend the reach of Valimail into the Microsoft field and into the market/industry owners
- Build and maintain a trusted partner relationship with high levels of satisfaction.
- Establishing high impact Microsoft Corporate networks that serve to facilitate the Valimail’s interactions with various internal groups and teams
- Spend time researching/understanding the market demand to be met (or to be created) through the Alliance.
- Build knowledge of the Microsoft’s business and its key stakeholders
- Prepare and articulate the value proposition of the Microsoft + Valimail
- Present the Partner Business Plan (PBP) to Microsoft and Valimail executives
- Negotiate for funding/resources internally both w/in Microsoft
- Review progress against strategies and plans on a regular basis
- Remove roadblocks or escalate issues as needed
- Create the messaging frameworks (and other collateral as needed)
- Build a global/regional community with ECMs in the field and/or sub-communities as needed (e.g., in “hot spots” or “hot” industries)
- Expand relationships beyond business meetings with the partner (dinners, sporting events, charity events)
- Facilitate and grow Valimail and Microsoft executive relationships
- Continuously mine for Corporate opportunities or initiatives to which Valimail can be attached (GTM, Programs, etc)
- Reinforce the joint Microsoft/Valimail/vision and advocate Valimail’s interests with all internal Corporate stakeholders
- Provide feedback to internal stakeholders on what is and what is not working in the field
- Facilitate introductions to relevant internal groups at Microsoft
Key Success Criteria
- All Scorecard metrics are met or exceeded.
- Overall revenue and wins
- Field Enablement
- Case Studies and Winwires
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Essential Experience –Excellent verbal and written communication skills with equally good listening and qualification skills. 8 to 10 years of proven sales (direct or channel) and/or sales/channel management experience in Global Enterprise customer accounts and/or partner environments, and a track record of working with a wide range of business partners, both internally and externally. Extensive experience working in large “virtual” teams—marketing and product groups, senior executive teams, field sales, and driving these teams towards a common vision/strategy for the Alliance.
- Industry/Segment Experience – 2-3 years of Security Technology experience is mandatory.
- Technical /Functional Skills – An understanding of Microsoft technologies is mandatory. An understanding of Microsoft field is mandatory. An overall passion for sales within a technology environment and for the business value it drives is essential.
- Personal Attributes – Highly motivated with a mature and positive attitude and a passion for working with the Microsoft field and corp resources. Strong organization and prioritization skills are essential, with the capacity for driving quality and quantitiy.
- Qualifications – Degree qualified (bachelor’s degree typically required, Master’s/MBA preferred), with 8 to 10 years of proven technology/business applications sales experience in a global environment. Additional sales, business development or marketing qualifications centered on driving business value through the use of technology in multiple industry vertical markets would be preferred.
Valimail is the trusted leader in fully automated email authentication, with the only comprehensive platform for anti-impersonation, brand protection, and compliance used by corporations and federal agencies such as Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. Valimail Enforce is the only FedRAMP-authorized email authentication service and, because it uses no personally identifiable information (PII), it is also GDPR compliant. Valimail authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies, in finance, government, transportation, health care, manufacturing, media, technology, and more. Valimail is based in San Francisco with our 2nd office being in Denver, CO. For more information visit www.Valimail.com.