Valence is a digital strategy, design, and engineering firm that is centered on the client experience and informed by the future. We help businesses navigate their digital journey to unleash opportunity.
Valence has been named as one of the best places to work by the Puget Sound Business Journal every year since we were founded and has been recognized as one of the fastest growing businesses on the East Side.
Do you value quality, innovation, creativity, passion, collaboration, and growth?
We offer flexible options to work from home in select states or collaborate with your team at our Bellevue, WA office. Our culture is about continuous learning, direct communication, open doors, mutual respect at all levels, promoting innovation, and embracing creative ideas from everyone. At every phase of employment, we want our employees to feel seen and heard even before joining our team.
We offer fully paid medical benefits for employees and their families, 401(k) match, generous PTO, flexible work schedules, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and plenty of company and team connection events.
Valence is a dynamic place to build your career, innovate and learn. Come join us – let’s build potential together!
We are looking for a talented and motivated creative director to lead our company’s growing design studio.
Are you passionate about human-centered design, and exploring how technologies can be used to solve challenging problems? As a Creative Director at Valence, you will work alongside a group of talented designers, content strategists, and UX engineers defining and implementing end-to-end, leading-edge solutions for our enterprise clients.
With Valence, you will work in a collaborative environment where you can influence direction and see the impacts of your contributions. We love to innovate and are looking for people with a passion for learning and continuing their career-growth.
In this role, you will:
- Be accountable for the quality, strategy, and integrity of all creative deliverables.
- Lead, inspire, and grow a motivated team of designers. Mentor and coach the team by guiding their work, working with best practices, and supporting the team’s professional growth.
- Translate complex technical solutions into easily understood design/creative concepts.
- Clearly link creative decisions to business goals and strategies.
- Be a creative consultant and advisor to clients, building respect and trust with clients and new business prospects.
- Be organized and consistent in process and production, improving design studio operations and streamlining processes across teams. Be adept at agile methodologies and design thinking techniques.
- Work closely with company leadership and sales to grow and advance the design practice. This includes participating in project scoping, estimation, and sales pursuits with customers.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 10+ years of experience within the creative industry, with 3+ years in a creative lead role crafting and directing creative strategies and solutions, demonstrating excellent leadership, organization, and analytical skills.
- An outstanding portfolio of design work demonstrating a strong understanding of client objectives and a keen understanding of the strategies behind the execution.
- Experience engaging clients in creative services as part of a digital transformation, including excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience shaping creative strategies across digital channels, including hands-on creative and design experience.
- Fluency in the latest cross-platform product design trends, tools, and emerging technologies.
- Fluency in accessibility, usability, and DEI.
Things to keep in mind:
- You are authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
- Must live in Idaho, Oregon, Washington State, or Texas.
What we Offer:
- Fully paid medical/dental/vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k)-fully vested immediately, with match up to 4% of salary contributions
- 19 days of PTO, plus 8 paid holidays
- Flexible work schedules and telecommute options
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave.
- Flexible Spending Plan for dependent care and health care
- Company paid short & long-term disability and Life/AD&D Insurance.
- Numerous company and team building events
- Innovative work culture
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT VALENCE?
You have a passion for innovation and technology. You have a sense of humor. You believe in the potential in everyone. You are ego-free. You're collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anyone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.