Valence is a digital strategy, design, and engineering firm that is centered on the client experience and informed by the future. We help businesses navigate their digital journey to unleash opportunity.
Valence has been named as one of the best places to work by the Puget Sound Business Journal every year since we were founded and has been recognized as one of the fastest growing businesses on the East Side.
Do you value quality, innovation, creativity, passion, collaboration, and growth?
We offer flexible options to work from home or collaborate with your team at our Bellevue office. Our culture is about continuous learning, direct communication, open doors, mutual respect at all levels, promoting innovation, and embracing creative ideas from everyone. At every phase of employment, we want our employees to feel seen and heard even before joining our team.
We offer fully paid medical benefits for employees and their families, 401(k) match, generous PTO, flexible work schedules, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and plenty of company and team connection events.
Valence is a dynamic place to build your career, innovate and learn. Come join us – let’s build potential together!
Are you passionate about exploring new and emerging technologies and how they can be used to solve challenging problems? If so, then this may be the right opportunity for you. As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Valence, you will work alongside a group of talented engineers, project managers and analysts defining and implementing end-to-end, leading-edge solutions for our enterprise clients. With Valence, you can work in a collaborative environment where you can influence direction and see the impacts of your contributions. We love to innovate and are looking for people with a passion for learning and growing their technical skills.
In this role, you will:
- Act as a validation and quality assurance expert and review & test the functionality of newly developed solutions.
- Conduct requirement analysis, define test strategy and lead the execution of test plans and test cases.
- Make strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionalities.
- You can translate functional design requirements into test requirements.
- You will work in Agile/Scrum/Kanban and sometimes Waterfall environments and feel comfortable with any.
- We expect you to take smart risks and champion new ideas.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years of experience software development in testing cloud-based solutions on AWS or Azure.
- Proven history of setting up testing tools and integrating into developer workflows.
- Provide insight and guidance on the creation, maintenance, and improvement of QA tools and processes.
- Experience with API testing, load, and performance testing via cloud platform tools.
- Experience testing distributed systems.
- Strong critical & creative thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You have a passion for customer service, always striving to deliver an excellent experience to your clients & project stakeholders.
- You are authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. This position does not offer sponsorship.
- Must live in Idaho/ Oregon / Washington State or be willing to work on a 1099.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Fully paid medical/dental/vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k)-fully vested immediately, with match up to 4% of salary contributions
- 19 days of PTO, plus 8 paid holidays
- Flexible work schedules and telecommute options
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave.
- Flexible Spending Plan for dependent care and health care
- Company paid short & long-term disability and Life/AD&D Insurance.
- Numerous company and team building events
- Innovative work culture with chatbot HR tools and our own Valence crypto currency
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT VALENCE?
You have a passion for innovation and technology. You have a sense of humor. You believe in the potential in everyone. You are ego-free. You're collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anyone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.