Are you passionate about exploring new and emerging technologies and how they can be used to solve challenging problems? If so, then this may be the right opportunity for you. As a Software Development Engineer at Valence, you will work alongside a group of talented engineers implementing end-to-end, leading-edge solutions for our enterprise clients. With Valence, you can work in a collaborative environment where you can influence direction and see the impacts of your contributions. We love to innovate and are looking for people with a passion for learning and growing their technical skills.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Be a full-stack engineer for innovation projects at Valence focused on a variety of emerging areas including: AI/ML, AR/VR, Robotics/RPA, IoT, voice & chat.
- Implement modern, cloud-based solutions that are capable of scaling across an enterprise.
- Translate requirements and designs into working functionality.
- Work in a team environment leveraging a variety of project environments including: Agile/Scrum, Kanban and ITLC.
- We expect you to take smart risks and champion new ideas.
WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF HAVE:
- A passion for exploring the latest trends and techniques in the industry.
- 2+ years of full-stack development experience using modern languages such as Python, Java or C#.
- Experience developing solutions using cloud platforms, AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Knowledge or Interest in machine learning, computer vision, IoT, robotics, voice & chat or AR/VR is a plus.
- Strong critical & creative thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- You are authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. This position does not offer sponsorship.
- Must live in Idaho/ Oregon / Washington State or be willing to work on a 1099.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Fully paid medical/dental/vision benefits for you and your family.
- 401(k)-fully vested immediately, 4% match @ 100%.
- 3 weeks of PTO, plus 8 paid holidays.
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave.
- Flexible Spending Plan for dependent care, health care and commuter/transit costs.
- Short & Long-Term Disability, fully paid for Life Insurance.
- Numerous company and team building events.
- On-going training opportunities to allow you to continue to develop your technical and business skills.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT VALENCE?
You have a passion for innovation and technology. You have a sense of humor. You believe in the potential in everyone. You are ego-free. You're collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anyone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.