At Valence, we are all about building potential. That goes for our clients as well as our team members. Our mission is to help our customers advance their digital transformation journey and we are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team.
Are you passionate about exploring new and emerging technologies and how they can be used to solve challenging problems? If so, then this may be the right opportunity for you. As a Data Scientist at Valence, you will work alongside a group of talented engineers, project managers and analysts defining and implementing end-to-end, leading-edge solutions for our enterprise clients. With Valence, you can work in a collaborative environment where you can influence direction and see the impacts of your contributions. We love to innovate and are looking for people with a passion for learning and growing their technical skills.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, and deploy infrastructure in support of data operations relating to advanced analytics systems.
- Work with business stakeholders to distill data requirements and to resolve data related issues.
- Work with data scientists to engineer data pipelines in support of machine learning features.
- Creation and maintenance of large, complex datasets and/or queries that meet business requirements.
- Support QA testing of data pipelines as well as comprehensive solutions.
- Strive to automate software deployments and maintenance through CI/CD and IaC.
- Research and incorporate new technologies to ensure the solutions are meeting or exceeding modern standards.
- Build effective monitoring systems to keep track of system health.
- Document Processes, Services and Environments.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years’ experience as a data engineer, software engineer, systems engineer, or equivalent.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience designing and deploying ETL solutions on Azure.
- Experience with distributed analytics software packages.(Spark, Databricks, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience in working effectively in cross functional teams.
- Critical decision making and communication skills.
- You are authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. This position does not offer sponsorship.
- Must live in Idaho/ Oregon / Washington State or be willing to work on a 1099.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT VALENCE?
You have a passion for innovation and technology. You have a sense of humor. You believe in the potential in everyone. You are ego-free. You're collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anyone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.