At Valence, we’re all about building potential. That goes for our clients as well as our co-workers.
Our mission is to help our customers advance through transformative technology, and we are looking for amazing people to make that happen.
Our culture is about open communication, open doors, mutual respect at all levels, promoting innovation, and embracing creative ideas from everyone. From our open recruiting process to fun-filled onboarding days with team members and company executives, we want our employees to feel seen and heard even before joining our team.
Valence is a dynamic place to build your career, innovate and learn. Come join us – let’s build potential together!
Do you consider yourself to be a top Cloud Architect? Are you the architect that others go to when they need help? If so, then joining Valence as an Senior Solutions Architect could be just the fit for you! As a member of the engineering team, the Senior Solutions Architect will be responsible for creating detailed technical Architectural solutions leveraging modern cloud tools and services.
- Work with Valence customers and project teams to craft scalable, flexible and resilient technical architectures that address customer business problems
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) around multiple technical disciplines related to project engagements - including (but not limited to): IoT, cloud, data
- Understands and provides advice around company technical strategy and other key business drivers to nontechnical stakeholders
- Serves in a leadership role to provide guidance and help mentor other members of the technical team
- Provide technical expertise and support to sales team and delivery organizations as needed.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- 7+ years’ experience designing and developing technical solutions, preferably in a technical consulting role
- Strong technical skills around AWS, Azure, or Google cloud infrastructure; including experience with serverless computing, IoT services, and other technologies to implement data-driven applications
- Experience working with full stack development teams utilizing Agile-based methodologies
- Thorough programming skills with at least one common backend cloud language such as Node.js, C#, or Python
- Experience creating functional design specifications, cloud reference architectures, and helping with other technical project deliverables
- Ability to learn and work with new and emerging technologies
- Experience working with sales teams to assist in completing formal RFP responses for customers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, technical degree preferred; computer science or math background highly desired
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Fully paid medical/dental/vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k)-fully vested immediately, 4% match @ 100%
- 3 weeks of PTO, plus 8 paid holidays
- Flexible work schedules and telecommute options
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Plan for dependent care, health care and commuter/transit costs
- Short & Long-Term Disability, fully paid for Life Insurance
- Numerous company and team building events
- Innovative work culture with chatbot HR tools and our own Valence crypto currency
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT VALENCE?
You have a passion for innovation and technology. You have a sense of humor. You believe in the potential in everyone. You are ego-free. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anyone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.