At Valence, we’re all about building potential. That goes for our clients as well as our co-workers.
Our mission is to help our customers advance through transformative technology, and we are looking for amazing people to make that happen.
Are you ready to dive in, with all your best ideas and creative vision? With Valence, you will work with cutting edge technology in a collaborative environment where you can influence direction and see the impact of your contributions. And we always celebrate as a team when we’ve just delivered something awesome.
From our beautiful, modern office space, to our Innovation Studio that encourages everyone to think broadly and experiment with new ideas, we are constantly looking for ways to make Valence an amazing career home for our employees.
Our culture is about open communication, open doors, mutual respect at all levels, promoting innovation, and embracing creative ideas from everyone. From our open recruiting process to fun-filled onboarding days with team members and company executives, we want our employees to feel seen and heard even before joining our team.
Valence is a dynamic place to build your career, innovate and learn. Come join us – let’s build potential together!
As a Data Visualization Engineer you will collaborate with a team of weird, fun and thoughtful technologists to construct user-centric cloud-based data solutions. If you love the intersection of Data Engineering and Data Visualization, please apply! We’re excited to hear from you!
• Design Customer Solutions. Work with BI teams at existing and potential customers to deeply understand their business and technical needs. Develop solutions that make the best use of the cloud platform and analytics services.
• Design, architect, implement, and support key datasets that provide structured and timely access to actionable business information that meet the needs of the customer.
• Design well-architected ETL solutions to consume data from various operational systems and craft a unified dimensional or star schema data model for analytics and reporting.
• Light front end development, including living UI style guides for development
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
• 5+ years’ experience with detailed knowledge of cloud-based data warehouse technical architectures, ETL/data pipelines, reporting/analytics tools, and data security.
• 3+ years’ experience developing analytics dashboards using a well-known BI solution such as Power BI or Tableau.
• Proven history of effectively communicating with customers, including the ability to translate customer requirements into well-designed data and visualization solutions.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Fully paid medical/dental/vision benefits for you and your family
• 401(k)-fully vested immediately, 4% match @ 100%
• 3 weeks of PTO, plus 8 paid holidays
• Flexible work schedules, telecommute options, Seattle and Bellevue locations
• 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Plan for dependent care, health care and commuter/transit costs
• Short & Long-Term Disability, fully paid for Life Insurance
• Numerous company and team building events
• Low-stress interview process