At Valence, we’re all about building potential. That goes for our clients as well as our co-workers.
Our mission is to help our customers advance through transformative technology, and we are looking for amazing people to make that happen.
Are you ready to dive in, with all your best ideas and creative vision? With Valence, you will work with cutting edge technology in a collaborative environment where you can influence direction and see the impact of your contributions. And we always celebrate as a team when we’ve just delivered something awesome.
From our beautiful, modern office space, to our Innovation Studio that encourages everyone to think broadly and experiment with new ideas, we are constantly looking for ways to make Valence an amazing career home for our employees.
Our culture is about open communication, open doors, mutual respect at all levels, promoting innovation, and embracing creative ideas from everyone. From our open recruiting process to fun-filled onboarding days with team members and company executives, we want our employees to feel seen and heard even before joining our team.
Valence is a dynamic place to build your career, innovate and learn. Come join us – let’s build potential together!
Are you the top SharePoint guru in Seattle? Valence is currently seeking you to join our team! As our SharePoint Migration Engineer, you will be responsible for migrating on-premise SharePoint sites to SharePoint Online and provide ongoing support of the full SharePoint infrastructure. You will be responsible for working effectively as part of a group of technical professionals providing services within a financial institution. You possess extensive knowledge of SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online, as well as migration experience related to both. Knowledge must include architectural design, web parts development, management and troubleshooting with a focus on planning, deploying, and supporting enterprise SharePoint implementations. We love to innovate and are looking for people with a passion for building!
- Complete SharePoint 2013 migration to SharePoint Online
- Troubleshoot SharePoint 2013 On-Premise, and SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint Online migration issues to identify and resolve the root cause in a timely manner
- Based on understanding of requirements, configure, develop, modify SharePoint 2013 web parts, pages, navigation, and security to meet business needs
- Assist in defining business and technical requirements needed to deploy/implement SharePoint solutions
- Day-to-day operational support and maintenance of SharePoint environments
- Effectively communicate with all levels of business both verbally and in writing
- Maintains detailed documentation and inventory of all managed environments
- Responsible for responding to on-call incidents
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive company data without exception
- Maintain an instant and trending view of the health of the Infrastructure
- Participate in other IT projects and/or tasks as needed
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have a passion for technology
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a technical engineering role managing a large, distributed and complex technology environment
- You are a self-starter, with the ability to run with delivery of tasks without direct supervision
- You can communicate and collaborate at all levels, including with executives
- You are adept at stabilizing competing priorities
- You believe in the potential in everyone
- You also must have the following technical skills/knowledge:
- 5+ years SharePoint administration, migration, and development
- Experience designing and developing solutions using SharePoint Framework (SPFx)
- Experience with SharePoint Designer, web parts and custom workflows
- Experience migrating on-prem SharePoint solutions to SharePoint Online
- General experience with Microsoft Windows Server (e.g. AD, DNS, WINS, etc.)
- Experience with Powershell scripting
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full time employment with competitive salaries
- Fully paid medical/dental/vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k)-fully vested immediately, 4% match @ 100%
- 3 weeks of PTO, plus 8 paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Plan for dependent care, health care and commuter/transit costs
- Short & Long-Term Disability, fully paid for Life Insurance
- Numerous company and team building events
- Low-stress interview process
- Innovative work culture with automated stand ups, chatbot HR tools, and our own Innovation Studio
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT VALENCE?
You have a passion for innovation and technology. You have a sense of humor. You believe in the potential in everyone. You are ego-free. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anyone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.