At Valence, we’re all about building potential. That goes for our clients as well as our co-workers.
Our mission is to help our customers advance through transformative technology, and we are looking for amazing people to make that happen.
Are you ready to dive in, with all your best ideas and creative vision? With Valence, you will work with cutting edge technology in a collaborative environment where you can influence direction and see the impact of your contributions. And we always celebrate as a team when we’ve just delivered something awesome.
From our beautiful, modern office space, to our Innovation Studio that encourages everyone to think broadly and experiment with new ideas, we are constantly looking for ways to make Valence an amazing career home for our employees.
Our culture is about open communication, open doors, mutual respect at all levels, promoting innovation, and embracing creative ideas from everyone. From our open recruiting process to fun-filled onboarding days with team members and company executives, we want our employees to feel seen and heard even before joining our team.
Valence is a dynamic place to build your career, innovate and learn. Come join us – let’s build potential together!
Are you the "go-to" technical project manager? The one everyone comes to for guidance? Then Valence needs you to join us as Technical Project Manager! You will lead a team of developers as they work to deliver against business needs for a communication/collaboration tool. Work in a fast-paced start-up within a larger organization helping to launch a product while also changing the way engineering drives product delivery to more agile methodologies. You will ramp up quickly on key project milestones and bring your love for leading technical teams to our clients.
- Lead projects with a team of other project managers, engineering and operations personnel
- Provide mentorship to junior project managers
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects with minimal guidance using TPM best practices and methodologies to ensure customer needs are met
- Prepare detailed project charters and corresponding plans, lead agile development team meetings
- Direct and coordinate project activities to ensure deliverables are achieved on time and within budget
- Review project plans on a weekly basis, prepare and submit weekly status reports
- Monitor project deliverables and communicate to Senior Management any issues that may impact team's delivery
- Collaborate with project teams and various internal partner groups on an ongoing basis to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, enforce to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations
- We expect you to take smart risks and champion new ideas.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have technical project management experience; 5+ years. Consulting experience a plus.
- Website or application development experience is a must and should have experience working in Agile teams - preferably with designers, developers and cross functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Highly organized….yep that’s you!
- You are a self-starter, with the ability to run with delivery of tasks without direct supervision.
- You can communicate at all levels, including with executives.
- You are adept at stabilizing competing priorities.
- You are skilled with the Microsoft Office Suite, and project management tools like MS Project and Jira
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Fully paid medical/dental/vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k)-fully vested immediately, 4% match @ 100%
- 3 weeks of PTO, plus 8 paid holidays
- Flexible work schedules, telecommute options for those living locally
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Plan for dependent care, health care and commuter/transit costs
- Short & Long-Term Disability, fully paid for Life Insurance
- Numerous company and team building events
- Low-stress interview process
- Innovative work culture with automated stand ups, chatbot HR tools, and our own Innovation Studio
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT VALENCE?
You have a passion for innovation and technology. You have a sense of humor. You believe in the potential in everyone. You are ego-free. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anyone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.