At Valence, we’re all about building potential. That goes for our clients as well as our co-workers.
Our mission is to help our customers advance through transformative technology, and we are looking for amazing people to make that happen.
Are you ready to dive in, with all your best ideas and creative vision? With Valence, you will work with cutting edge technology in a collaborative environment where you can influence direction and see the impact of your contributions. And we always celebrate as a team when we’ve just delivered something awesome.
Our culture is about open communication, open doors, mutual respect at all levels, promoting innovation, and embracing creative ideas from everyone. From our open recruiting process to fun-filled onboarding days with team members and company executives, we want our employees to feel seen and heard even before joining our team.
Valence is a dynamic place to build your career, innovate and learn. Come join us – let’s build potential together!
Are you comfortable with technology and public speaking? Do you enjoy the magic of storytelling while also helping move business objectives forward? Then being a Digital Transformation Storyteller is the role for you! You will be working with a team leading government groups of 3-8 people through 60-90-minute digital transformation technology tours covering aspects of Cloud, AI, ML, and Mixed Reality. The ideal candidate will be a technologist at heart, have a technical background and be comfortable with professional customer engagement and speaking to various sizes of audiences, including high level officials. The time frame of this project is from September 16th thru November 22nd 2019 with the possibility of extension for future events. All tours will take place in Washington, D.C. We are looking for 3 individuals.
- Tour various government groups of people through Microsoft digital transformation technologies
- Answer questions throughout tour regarding technologies being displayed
- Professionally engage with existing and potential government technology decision makers, customers, partners, and vendors
- Articulate features and benefits of specific technologies by presenting how they work and the advantages via a product demonstration
- Additional duties as assigned
- Full time, temporary position from September 16th thru November 22nd, 2019
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- Must be local to the Washington, D.C. area. OR willing to travel to D.C. for the duration of the project
- You have a passion for technology and innovation
- You have experience with and are comfortable with public speaking and discussion facilitation to a wide variety of audiences
- Knowledge of various Microsoft AI and Azure technologies, Mixed Reality and/or cloud highly valued
- You are a self-starter, with the ability to run with delivery of tasks without direct supervision.
- A background in technical sales, business development, or government/military are a plus
- You pride yourself on getting your work done on time and with a high level of quality.
- You are adept at stabilizing competing priorities.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT VALENCE?
You have a passion for innovation and technology. You have a sense of humor. You believe in the potential in everyone. You are ego-free. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anyone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.