WHO WE ARE
Util is a London-based fintech company on a mission to change the way the world invests.
We believe redirecting global capital towards more sustainable companies is the most effective way to fight some of the greatest social and environmental threats of our time. The problem is, there isn’t yet a way to holistically measure a company’s environmental and social impact.
We’re solving this challenge using state-of-the-art natural language processing. Our analytics draw from academic research to quantify the positive and negative impact of every company against the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
We’re a small team of nine with a diverse range of experiences, skills and personalities, united in our drive to move the financial industry towards sustainable outcomes. This is a great opportunity to join us at an early and exciting stage in our journey.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We’re looking for an exceptionally talented Associate to join our commercial team. You’ll be instrumental in the development and execution of our commercial strategy, working closely with the founders and Head of Commercial. In this role, you’ll have immense potential to grow and contribute to the realisation of our vision: one that sees all investors using Util to maximise environmental and social returns on investment. The right candidate will deliver against the following core set of critical functions:
- Strategy development and execution: play an active role in the development and execution of commercial strategy, working closely with the commercial team.
- Collateral creation: own all material and content relating to commercial strategy and business development.
- Relationship management: own all aspects of client relationship management and tracking of potential clients and strategic investors.
- Business development: proactively support the commercial team to originate new client engagements, attending and leading client presentations at earlier stages.
- Insight generation: develop insights and intelligence on existing and prospective clients and partners by conducting market, customer and financial due diligence.
- Network building: have responsibility for developing a strong sustainability network.
- Project management: enhance processes, tools and systems to help streamline management of commercial intelligence and strategic initiatives.
- Communication: maintain up-to-date, digestible and actionable reports and status updates on ongoing commercial activities for senior stakeholders.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
In addition to being reliable, responsive and enterprising, the right candidate will have:
- Relevant background: you have at least three years of experience working in investment management, investment banking or management consulting.
- Client-facing experience: you have supported on origination, mandate execution and relationship management functions for corporate and financial services clients.
- Understanding of investment ecosystem: you have a firm understanding of the institutional investment ecosystem, its actors and evolving trends.
- Demonstrated interest in impact: you are deeply interested in sustainable and impact investing, evidenced by projects in your current role or outside work.
- Self-starting mindset: you are keenly aware of the commercial team’s priorities and can anticipate their needs, actively identifying opportunities to provide support.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills: you are adept at distilling complex information for diverse stakeholders with a high degree of precision.
- Strong problem-solving skills: you are a highly structured and self-motivated problem-solver with a technical orientation and comfort with large datasets.
- Interest in emerging technologies: you are very interested in learning about machine learning and its applications in sustainable and impact investing.
- Flexibility: you quickly adapt to and deal with constantly shifting priorities.
- Mission aligned: you are committed to supporting Util to achieve its vision.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Flexible working policy
- Private health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Tier 2 Visa sponsorship
- Annual education and training budget, including company book scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Tech Scheme offering electronics and tech through salary sacrifice
- Office fruits, coffee and breakfast
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in what we’re building, please apply! Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.