Head of People & Culture
ustwo Games is a 30-person, B corp certified games studio, best known as the creators of Monument Valley, Assemble With Care and most recently Alba: a Wildlife Adventure. We are a multi-discipline team drawing from a diverse range of experiences and creative influences; our aim is to craft interactive entertainment with stand-out production values, heart and broad appeal.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of People & Culture to join our team. Primarily a stand alone role, you will be responsible for the whole employee life cycle and for setting the People agenda. You will report directly to the CEO, be an extended part of the leadership team, and sit within our wider Business Support team.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and own ustwo games’ People & Culture strategy and initiatives
- Own the recruitment function so that we can reach, assess and secure the best candidates in the industry in the most inclusive way
- Develop our Employer Branding Proposition
- Chair our DE&I working group and lead initiatives that foster inclusion across our team.
- Create Learning & Development plans to drive a culture of continuous improvement that supports the growth of all employees
- Guide leaders and managers on sensitive employee relations matters, anchored in the company values
- Support the evolution of our workplace; we are about to start working in a hybrid model (minimum of 2 days in the studio) and we will need to consider how this way of working will evolve over time
- Develop and implement a wide range of on-going employee relations, communications, recognition, and engagement efforts that shape and reflect company culture and values, assessing our employee engagement through regular surveys and action plans
- Create and manage work experience placements
- Engage broadly with employees across all teams and departments to build relationships that foster inclusive culture and inform company policies and programs
- Own the entire employee lifecycle processes, including onboarding and off-boarding, as well as people change processes
- Keep up with the latest trends in HR/the UK games industry
What we’re looking for:
- 9+ years HR experience
- Great organisational, collaboration and communication skills
- Proactive and positive mindset
- A people centric, creative approach to people related initiatives
- CIPD Level 5 or above
- Experience working in games/creative industries
- Experience working in a stand alone role
- Knowledge of using Sage, Greenhouse, Culture Amp
What we can offer you!
We are a friendly, passionate studio, with a buzz of creativity. We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to, flexible working, company pension, private medical insurance, and amazing family friendly policies. We offer 25 days holiday (inclusive of studio closure days over Christmas), and we also promote flexible working patterns.
This role will be required to work in our Oval studio for a minimum of 2 days per week.
Ustwo games is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better games and we actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.