Lead Designer - ustwo games - London
ustwo games seeks to bring what’s meaningful about games to everyone. We’re an inclusive and creatively independent team that thrives in the unknown possibilities of game creation.
As Lead Designer, you will have responsibility for leading the game design of a new unannounced project. In collaboration with the other discipline leads and Game Director, you will help define and maintain the strategic vision for the project, line managing other designers and creating best in class design solutions to project problems
- Own and guide game design of project.
- Work with Game Director to fully understand and pursue the creative vision of project.
- Communicate design direction of the project to team.
- Collaborate with other Leads to plan project and manage scope.
- Design systems and mechanics to achieve desired gameplay.
- Work hands on in engine to create content.
- Set example on execution and mentor less experienced members of design team .
- Recognise and resolve complications in game design production process.
- Understand and collaborate with other disciplines.
- Help drive overall quality of project.
- Line manage other designers
- Experience of leading designers on one full game project.
- Line management and people development experience.
- Experience of taking a project from prototype to release stage.
- Excellent communication skills. This includes empathy and listening in addition to speaking.
We are a people centric organisation aiming to make a positive impact in the world. And we believe that the best way to do it is by fostering true diversity of thought and a commitment to creating a workplace where people of every race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute and religious belief feels included, is appreciated for who they are and can have the space to thrive and grow.
What we can offer you:
An inclusive work environment with a commitment to your growth and development. We offer benefits such as 5% pension, private medical care, weekly yoga classes, monthly massages, a dedicated training budget, flexible working days (with staggered start and finish times), regular working from home and lots more.