At ustwo we design and build digital products, services, and immersive experiences that people love. Increasingly, we help our clients to boost their own digital culture and capabilities.
We believe that by caring deeply for our people, clients, and partners, we can unleash our “collective genius”. That means mastering the art of collaboration, crafting the optimal conditions for a team to perform at its absolute best, in an environment of diverse backgrounds, thoughts, views, opinions and life experiences.
The role of design in this process is evolving; a solution that both delights and engages the user often means being prepared for trade-offs to ensure that the right product goes to market.
As a Design Principal at ustwo you will work in partnership with our Design Director Helen to enable a differentiated design service that delivers measurable value to our clients and our own business.
Your experience spans delivering brilliant impactful work alongside fostering strong design culture and teams.
We will look to you to create deep, effective partnerships with our clients, to define and deliver work that creates lasting value, and have an inclusive and inspirational leadership style essential to maintaining a unique and diverse culture.
In this role you will
- Work across the full breadth of our product and service portfolio; spanning discovery and delivery projects; pushing the boundaries and raising the bar within Design.
- Flex between working across a few projects to being immersed on one project, prioritising your time effectively.
- From practical tools to hands-on support, you'll make sure that the teams you work with are equipped to do their very best work and learn together.
- Inspire our designers to uncover opportunities for them to develop their careers and use the freedom to grow within ustwo, through great role modelling, thoughtful and balanced feedback and strong management skills.
- Lead community initiatives within Design, nurturing a thriving, self-driving community as well as being a key external voice for ustwo where applicable. This passion for design motivates those who work with you to enjoy the journey.
- Design and deliver engaging workshops for our teams and clients.
- Be an active contributor to business development; helping identify and convert new opportunities and represent the company in pitches
- Deputise for our Design Director and be a human voice for your community, representing all perspectives in your decision-making.
- Expert in your practice. You’re an expert practitioner in user-centred design, design research, usability principles, techniques and Agile/Lean methodologies. You have applied this knowledge across many different business contexts. You inspire others by keeping up with the latest trends in design, product and technology.
- Highly Collaborative. Able to lead multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers using Agile and Lean principles. You have experience of working across multiple projects.
- Take great pleasure, and have success, in developing others. You are attuned to the varying needs each team member.
- Build strong client relationships. You are confident at managing senior stakeholders and navigating them through the design process and commercial decisions.
- Develop exemplary Design processes. You are able to define and improve Design methodologies, tools and processes.
- Think holistically about the big picture when designing a product, while being detail oriented and delivery focused.
- An inspiring communicator. Capable of conveying ideas, storytelling and breaking down concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders (verbally and written).
- Encourage idea sharing. Whether that be yours/others thoughts, ideas and work in-progress.
- Want to grow. You seek out opportunities to learn and advocate good feedback with those who you work with.
- Resilient. You can handle pressure and have experience of working in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Adaptable. You thrive in ambiguity and are comfortable switching contexts and able to apply design practice across a range of industries and different deliverables and goals.
- Able to travel, from time to time.
- Agency experience. You are excited about the agency environment; the culture, pace and diversity of clients.
Please visit our Manifesto for more on our vision, mission and purpose.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.