ustwo is looking for a talented Design Lead to work with us for one of the best tech brands on earth. This role will be embedded on-site at our client in San Francisco.
As a successful Design Lead at ustwo, you’ll partner with the Delivery Lead to deliver digital design solutions for some of our client’s toughest problems. This role will be responsible for supporting the success of a team of 5 product designers by providing visual and functional expertise and mentorship.
- Intuitive to the needs of the clients, designers and cross-discipline teams.
- Ability to clearly articulate challenges and opportunities.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and are able to execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in an iterative fashion, collaborating closely with various project teams and clients in order to define problems and goals.
- Ability to design elegant user flows and interactions for a global audience across platforms.
- Comfortable being hands on with the details, while recognizing when to delegate to the design team, while offering direction and inspiration.
- Ability to manage the design team’s overall quality of work and communicate feedback to / from designers as well as cross-disciplinary partners.
- A self-starter and motivated to discover and solve business problems.
- A strong collaborator with product managers, engineers, and user researchers.
- Focused on pixel perfection. You sweat the details to ensure that you and the team deliver remarkable products, on time and on budget.
- Experienced and confident in visualizing and prototyping concepts quickly in order to communicate ideas.
- Able to understand the bigger picture and can strategically, systematically assess opportunities and challenges.
- Someone who accepts, communicates, and resolves critique gracefully.
- Someone who enjoys, and has success in, managing teams and supporting designers.
- Have cross-platform design experience (Web, android, iOS).
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design.
- Core strengths in visual design, spanning UI, brand, iconography, and art direction.
- Strong knowledge of design tools and workflows.
- Proficiency in, and examples of, how you resolve difficult design challenges.
- A solid understanding of how behavior and transition impact design.
- Clear written and verbal communication style.
- The gravitas and influence to deal with senior client stakeholders.
This is a long-term, 40-hours/week contract position on-site in San Francisco. Only candidates based in the Bay Area with portfolios will be considered.
ustwo NYC combines expertise in product and service development, ventures and gaming to make a meaningful impact on the challenges companies and individuals face in contemporary culture.
Over the last 5 years, we have been carving out a reputation in the US in the space between digital product development and new experience design. Our deep product development knowledge, our design heritage and our leadership at the edges of technology and culture, means we are capable of providing fresh creative and strategic direction on genuinely new experiences, as well as deep technical expertise on implementation - never disconnecting strategy from implementation.
This combination of capabilities is rare and valuable, particularly in a market that’s seeing ever increasing convergence of entertainment, gaming, content, commerce and platforms.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.