⭐️ About User Interviews
At User Interviews, we believe that the best companies in the world consistently deliver products and experiences that their customers love. We also believe that the only way to consistently build those products and experiences is to talk to your customers. Watch what they do. Understand why they do what they do. Figure out why they do things that seem irrational. And after you’ve done that once, do it again.
We help teams set up those conversations (i.e. user research), enabling them to discover and embrace user insights. We specialize in participant recruitment and management because you cannot do good research without good participants, no matter how good your other tools may be.
Our “Recruit” product allows researchers to source participants for any type of research study. Our secret sauce is our matching engine – which can find niche participants (e.g. SMB owners who use Toast POS systems, software developers who use Azure, moms who buy Kellogg’s Corn Flakes) in hours.
Our “Research Hub” product allows teams to build a research panel / research CRM to manage and coordinate research with their own customer contacts.
We work with over a thousand of companies each month, including user-centric organizations like Microsoft, Amazon, Atlassian, Spotify, and Colgate-Palmolive. We raised a $27.5M Series B last December.
We are looking for a strategic and operational leader to join our team as CFO and first non-founder C-level employee.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading three departments: People Operations, Finance, Legal
- Working with the co-founders (and Leadership Team) to set company strategy
- Building a strong operating cadence / culture to power our growth to $50M+
- Financial reporting to investors and the Board of Directors
This person will be the C-level owner of a broad range of issues, including: performance reviews, compensation strategy, company culture, forecasting, budgeting, and aligning on operating models and key metrics across the company.
The right person for this role will be excited to build operational frameworks and processes to help our team continue to scale. This person will also be a trusted advisor to the CEO, investors and the Board as we scale from $15M to $50M in ARR and beyond.
🌀 Past Experiences:
- Leadership Team at a SaaS company that grew from $10M - $30M or
- Co-founder at a SaaS company that grew from from $0 - $10M
- CEO, COO, CFO, CXO or
- Head of Operations, Head of Biz Ops, VP of HR, VP of Finance
- Has managed Directors / Managers of teams with 50+ employees
- Has experience fundraising or presenting to a Board of Directors
- Has worked 2+ years in a fully remote environment
- Can translate company vision and strategy into annual and quarterly goals
- Expertise in operating, collaborating, and driving growth at a SaaS startup
- Deep understanding of SaaS operating metrics
- Thought partner / collaborator with any and all departments
- Deep understanding of SaaS financials + forecasting best practices
- Experience building out and/or editing P&L models, cash flow models, and department-specific operating models
- Comfortable interfacing with and reporting to investors and board members