Why Join Us
User Interviews is a fully remote team (even in the before times). We are proactive about staying connected to one another despite not sharing the same physical space. Remote culture is real and we care about it—a lot.
We’re a team of doers. You’ll be fully supported by your manager and team, but there won’t be anyone peering over your shoulder. You’ll be expected and trusted to take ownership of your work, and to communicate clearly and transparently with your distributed teammates.
On a related note, we’re very pro-feedback. From our users, of course. But also from each other. From individual contributors right up to the CEO, this is a team that is genuinely committed to continuous improvement.
About User Interviews
At User Interviews, we believe that the best companies in the world consistently deliver products and experiences that their customers love. We also believe that the only way to consistently build those products and experiences is to talk to your customers. Watch what they do. Understand why they do what they do. Figure out why they do things that seem irrational. And once you’ve done that once, do it again. Start having constant conversations. In short, make customers your #1 priority through user research.
That’s why we exist. We help teams set up those conversations, allowing them to discover and embrace user insights. We currently do that by making it fast and easy to talk to customers, or potential customers, to help with product, design, or marketing decisions. We work with hundreds of companies every month, including user-centric organizations like Atlassian, Amazon, and Spotify.
Engineering at User Interviews
What you’ll do
- React, Webpack, and SCSS using BEM
- Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, ActiveInteraction, and RSpec
- Hosted on Heroku using Github and CircleCI for CI and automated testing
- Anywhere from 5-10 years of industry experience with React or Ruby on Rails. Experience with both is a bonus.
- Candidates must be located in the United States and authorized to work without any Visa sponsorship.
- Strong industry experience which can be added to our knowledge base
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust based on new requirements and direction
- A desire to influence the product in a meaningful way
- Curiosity to constantly learn new better ways to build software
- An interest in helping other engineers on the team learn and grow
- Competitive Salary: $130k - $180k / year based on seniority of hire with access to stock options.
- 100% premium covered medical + dental employee coverage
- Annual membership to One Medical Group & Talkspace
- 401k + employer contribution
- 4 weeks of PTO to start + accrue an additional day per year of employment
- Unlimited wellness days - Sick? Doctors appointment? Mental health day? We’ve got you covered.
- Flexible, paid parental leave
- Stock options for every employee
- $250 Office setup budget
- $50/month Work From Home stipend
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Performance-based incentive plans
- Awards for 360-degree recognition, work anniversaries, & birthdays
- 1-2 team retreats per year (virtual and in-person options)
- Weekly engineering brunch and learns to discuss what we're working on or learning in and outside of the workplace.
- Cool inside jokes and references like Rs and Ps, Party Gritty, and Tacos.