FYI helps companies create a more productive and happier workplace through the use of technology that bridges time zones, teams and tools.
Work has become fragmented. No single app will ever provide everything a whole company needs. Each team uses their own set of tools to create, store, and share information. It’s getting worse. Self-service, freemium, and SaaS apps have given anyone the ability to easily add another app to their company. Even enterprise companies are struggling as they move to the cloud and realize that shared drives and workspaces are a thing of the past.
With this fragmentation, it’s now impossible to see what’s happening at work and to know who has access to company information. FYI brings documents, teams, and tools into a single interface that’s connected to all the software that a company uses.
We’re a fully remote team of just under 20 people looking to add a Quality Assurance Engineer.
What You’ll Do
- As our first QA Engineer, you’ll setup the testing strategy, processes and technologies
- Implement and manage testing infrastructure
- Collaborate across teams to integrate testing into product development
- Create and execute test plans for existing and new product features
- Test releases, bug reports, and fixes.
- Track, analyze and report on quality metrics
Who We’re Looking For
- Bonus experience: Team leadership, knowledge of: distributed systems, security, penetration testing and GraphQL
- You have high accountability and ownership of your work.
- You have a bias towards action. You love to move fast, are self motivated, and a life-long learner.
- You care about working on fast-growing products while iterating and sweating the details.
- You’re willing to do whatever it takes, even if this means working outside of your role (backend help frontend, frontend, handle customer support, etc).
- You’re able to effectively balance speed/quality/tech debt and make engineering decisions that enable speed and quality results.
- You’re a product thinker who cares about the customer.
The FYI team has been 100% remote since day one, and distributed all over the world. Here are the principles that we embody:
Customers come first
- Obsess over customer needs. Think like a customer. Maximize customer value.
- Be present. Care deeply about the work. Take initiative and be an owner.
- Make smart decisions. Aim for speed. Deliver results.
Learn, teach, and coach
- Improve yourself. Empower others. Succeed as a team.
If you resonate with these principles and feel that you’re a fit for the Quality Assurance Engineer role, we’d love to get to know you!