We are an innovative, fully-vertical cannabis company recognized for shattering stereotypes and setting new standards within the cannabis industry. With a focus on consumer education and staff training, we are working to change the perceptions of cannabis. From the thoughtfully curated collection of products down to the modern, strategic layouts of each location, every detail is designed with the customer experience in mind. We believe that each and every customer deserves to be treated with compassion backed with expertise and appreciation.
Our most important asset is our people. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that promotes engagement, teamwork, and the continued opportunity for development through the empowerment of our people.
We believe in setting the standard by providing our customers with carefully curated products and high-performing, knowledgeable team members to ensure a quality experience with every interaction.
By being transparent and treating everyone with respect, we can focus on what really matters to us as a company: our team and our customers.
We take ownership of our work and honor our commitments. We are proud of our accomplishments and recognize our failures by reinforcing the “we” in our efforts and removing the “they”.
We believe in cultivating growth in all that we do, from the growth of our business to the personal and professional growth and enrichment of our teams.
What We Offer:
- Employee Discount
- Exclusive access to Urbn Learning Center
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Job Title: Sales Associate (Budtender)
Reports to: General Manager, Assistant Managers
Job Location: Oakland, CA
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Assesses the needs of each customer, provides appropriate product knowledge, and conducts each transaction with accuracy and efficiency. Provides exceptional service in all interactions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs opening and closing duties
- Provides exceptional service and product knowledge
- Records transactions accurately in the POS, uses appropriate log in, and ensures the accuracy of assigned till
- Escalates customer issues to Supervisors when appropriate
- Maintains a positive, caring attitude, and treats both customer and co-workers with respect
- Listens and responds to customer and coworker needs/requests appropriately and timely
- Maintains neatness, cleanliness and organization of the department
- Maintains discretionary practices with all vendors, voucher and contractor information; holds sensitive business information confidential
- Follows and integrates company policies and procedures with on-the-job interactions, tasks, and behaviors
- Assists to maintain and ensure departmental equipment is functioning and in good working order
- Attends required meetings and participate in team and professional development activities
- Fills in when short-staffed and is willing to be cross-trained
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisors
JOB SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Builds outstanding customer relations
- Acquired knowledge of medical cannabis strains and applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of learning register skills with accuracy and efficiency
- Uses basic math skills
GENERAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Provides excellent service
- Presents a professional image in appearance, actions and words
- Demonstrates ownership, accountability, initiative and quality of work
- Builds positive team relationships
- Works scheduled shifts
- Records all time worked accurately, promptly, and honestly
- Follows all safety policies
- Demonstrate ethical behavior
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires prolonged standing and some bending, stooping and stretching
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system and other office equipment
- Moving up to 40 pounds on occasion
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work will generally be performed in a fast-paced medical cannabis dispensary
- Involves frequent contact with patients and staff
- Will require working varied hours/day, including nights weekends, holidays, and/or events on occasion
- May include working an alternative work week
- Customer service experience working within in a retail, sales and/or hospitality environment
- Medical cannabis industry and/or health industry experience highly desirable
- Must be 18+ years old and pass a criminal background check per the City of Oakland
$18 / hour
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Urbn Leaf & Harborside provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, citizenship status, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, family medical history or genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Urbn Leaf and Harborside comply with federal and state disability laws and may make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.