We are an innovative, fully-vertical cannabis company recognized for shattering stereotypes and setting new standards within the cannabis industry. With a focus on consumer education and staff training, we are working to change the perceptions of cannabis. From the thoughtfully curated collection of products down to the modern, strategic layouts of each location, every detail is designed with the customer experience in mind. We believe that each and every customer deserves to be treated with compassion backed with expertise and appreciation.
Our most important asset is our people. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that promotes engagement, teamwork, and the continued opportunity for development through the empowerment of our people.
We believe in setting the standard by providing our customers with carefully curated products and high-performing, knowledgeable team members to ensure a quality experience with every interaction.
By being transparent and treating everyone with respect, we can focus on what really matters to us as a company: our team and our customers.
We take ownership of our work and honor our commitments. We are proud of our accomplishments and recognize our failures by reinforcing the “we” in our efforts and removing the “they”.
We believe in cultivating growth in all that we do, from the growth of our business to the personal and professional growth and enrichment of our teams.
What We Offer:
- Employee Discount
- Exclusive access to Urbn Learning Center
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Inventory Control Lead
JOB TITLE: Inventory Control Lead
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Supply Chain Manager
SUPERVISES (# OF EMPLOYEES AND TITLE):
Responsible for the accurate documentation of inventory levels and on hand amounts. Conduct and supervise cyclical inventory counts. Research and correct discrepancies that occur, correct errors in a timely manner and communicate errors clearly to other departments. Maintain POS system and database of available products. Conduct all duties with efforts to ensure the security of inventory. Lead quarterly inventory sweep counts. Ensure compliance in inventory control and reporting with state and local regulations. Provide exceptional service in all interactions. Understand, embrace and embody the mission of Harborside.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (This may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Accurately count and record inventory including simple packaged inventory and bulk inventory
- Lead inventory sweep and cycle counts
- Research and correct items that have incorrect quantities by reversing the error that caused the discrepancy when possible, rather than simply editing the quantity.
- Keep detailed notes on adjustments being made and record them in the adjustment when possible
- Isolate specific items or product categories with high shrinkage rates
- Report findings to supervisor, initiate interdepartmental communication of errors.
- Record errors found in software, and participate with meetings to report errors and ensure resolution.
- Create and execute a count schedule so that all inventory items are counted and all discrepancies researched every 4 weeks
- Ensure all items recorded as damaged are properly removed from the POS software, including both items that become defective onsite and items that are returned by patients
- Routinely audit inventory conversions, purchase orders, associate’s cycle counts, and inventory transfers
- Collaborate closely with other team members to ensure the timely completion of tasks
- Demonstrate a positive, caring attitude, and treat patients/co-workers with respect and sensitivity
- Listen and respond to patient and coworker needs/requests appropriately and timely
- Support the transfer team in maintaining, rotating, moving, and storing vault inventory
- Maintain neatness, cleanliness, and organization of the department
- Be discreet with all vendor, patient, employee and contractor information
- Follow and integrate Harborside policies and procedures into all on-the-job interactions, tasks and behaviors
- Provide feedback and suggestions to management team to continuously improve the patient and employee experience.
- Be professional in appearance, actions and verbal communications.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Create and execute training materials and SOPs
- Use POS reporting and Microsoft Excel to explore inventory and sales data
- Support ordering and purchasing by reporting on inventory levels and Sales
- Assist Transfer team with par level creation for transfers and appropriate back-stock
- Support Wholesale Manager by receiving and storing farm shipments
- Maintain departmental equipment, ensure it is functioning and in working order
- Attend Bi-weekly supply chain meetings and participate in related projects
- Attend required meetings and participate in team and professional development activities
- Help to find coverage for shifts or duties when short-staffed
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback to Supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Participate in weekly calls with MJ Freeway to report issues, provide examples and work with MJ Freeway team on reasonable timelines to correct. Assist with development calls and roll out of new POS software version(s).
- Prepare for inventory sweep counts by assigning tasks to other managers and ensuring inventory checklists are distributed and tasks are completed
- Organize staffing, equipment, materials, and budget for quarterly sweep counts
JOB SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Possess attention-to-detail with excellent organization skills
- Knowledge of medical cannabis strains and delivery forms
- MS Office Proficiency - intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate computer operating skills
- Intermediate math and logic skills
GENERAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Provide excellent service
- Present a professional image in appearance, actions and words
- Demonstrate ownership, accountability, initiative and quality of work
- Build positive team relationships throughout your department and Harborside
- Work scheduled shifts
- Record all time worked accurately, promptly, and honestly
- Follow all safety policies
- Be a role model for the Harborside Experience
- Understand and practice Harborside values
- Demonstrate ethical behavior
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires prolonged standing and sitting, and some bending, reaching, stooping and stretching
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system and other office equipment
- Lift up to 50 pounds on occasion, push wheeled cart weighing up to 100 pounds.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work will generally be performed in a fast-paced medical cannabis dispensary
- Involves frequent contact with staff and occasional contact with patients
- May be stressful at times and require dealing with difficult people
- Will require working varied hours/day, including nights weekends, holidays, and/or events, on occasion
- Will require mandatory inventory counts
- Inventory or Warehouse experience
- HS diploma, GED or equivalent
- Experience working in the medical cannabis and/or health industry highly desirable
- Must be 21+ years old and pass a criminal background check per the City of Oakland
- Current medical cannabis recommendation from a licensed physician as required by the City of Oakland.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Urbn Leaf & Harborside provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, citizenship status, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, family medical history or genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Urbn Leaf and Harborside comply with federal and state disability laws and may make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.