We are an innovative, fully-vertical cannabis company recognized for shattering stereotypes and setting new standards within the cannabis industry. With a focus on consumer education and staff training, we are working to change the perceptions of cannabis. From the thoughtfully curated collection of products down to the modern, strategic layouts of each location, every detail is designed with the customer experience in mind. We believe that each and every customer deserves to be treated with compassion backed with expertise and appreciation.
Our most important asset is our people. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that promotes engagement, teamwork, and the continued opportunity for development through the empowerment of our people.
We believe in setting the standard by providing our customers with carefully curated products and high-performing, knowledgeable team members to ensure a quality experience with every interaction.
By being transparent and treating everyone with respect, we can focus on what really matters to us as a company: our team and our customers.
We take ownership of our work and honor our commitments. We are proud of our accomplishments and recognize our failures by reinforcing the “we” in our efforts and removing the “they”.
We believe in cultivating growth in all that we do, from the growth of our business to the personal and professional growth and enrichment of our teams.
What We Offer:
- Employee Discount
- Exclusive access to Urbn Learning Center
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Assist to lead the operations and the associates of the Sales Department. Assist with maximizing the productivity of the Sales team. Ensure Sales Associates’ quality of service and positive customer exchanges. Welcome each client into Harborside creating an environment where clients feel truly cared for, valued and respected. Conduct new client orientation and registration. Act as a resource to assist clients with question, concerns, special needs and activism activities. Assist each client with outstanding service at point of sale. Assess the needs of each client, provide appropriate product knowledge and accurately record all transactions in the POS. Maintaining an efficient and upbeat work pace. Provide exceptional service in all interactions. Understand, embrace and embody the mission of Harborside.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (This may not include all of the duties assigned)
1. Demonstrate leadership and compassionate management
2. Assist with the management of department operations
3. Provide exceptional service and product knowledge
4. Ensure opening and closing procedures are accurately performed
5. Ensure the accurate exchange of register drawers
6. Interface with Merchandising Team to fulfill client product requests
7. Appropriately authorize discounts and other changes in sales receipts
8. Ensure quality and accuracy of all Sales Floor displays, labels and merchandise
9. Resolve client issues and/or escalate to Safety when appropriate
10. Ensure Harborside policies and procedures are being observed by associates in the department
11. Maintain strict confidentiality with client information
12. Follow and integrate Harborside policies and procedures into all on-the-job interactions, tasks and behaviors
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform associate duties as required
2. Assist to maintain and ensure departmental equipment is functioning and in good working order
3. Attend required meetings and participate in team and professional development activities
4. Fill in when short-staffed
5. Provide timely and appropriate feedback to Supervisor
6. Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
JOB SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
1. Outstanding customer relations skills
2. Knowledge of cannabis strains and applications, effects and routes of delivery
3. Up to date knowledge of state compliance standards for cannabis sales
4. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite
5. Excellent communication skills
6. Basic computer operating skills
7. Basic math skills
GENERAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Provide excellent service
2. Present a professional image in appearance, actions and words
3. Demonstrate ownership, accountability, initiative and quality of work
4. Build positive team relationships throughout your department and Harborside
5. Work scheduled shifts
6. Record all time worked accurately, promptly, and honestly
7. Follow all safety policies
8. Be a role model for the Harborside Experience
9. Understand and practice Harborside values
10. Demonstrate ethical behavior
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Requires prolonged standing and some bending, stooping and stretching
2. Ability to operate a computer, POS system and other office equipment
3. Moving up to 40 pounds on occasion
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Work will generally be performed in a fast-paced cannabis dispensary
2. Involves frequent contact with clients and staff
3. Will require working varied hours/day, including nights weekends, holidays, and/or events on occasion
4. May include working an alternative work week
1. Customer service experience working within in a retail, sales and/or hospitality environment (2+ years)
2. HS diploma, GED or equivalent
3. cannabis industry and/or health industry experience highly desirable
4. Must be 21+ years old and pass a criminal background check per the City of San Francisco
$20 - $24 / hour DOE
**San Francisco residents: Please make sure to apply through here as well: Workforce SF
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Urbn Leaf & Harborside provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, citizenship status, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, family medical history or genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Urbn Leaf and Harborside comply with federal and state disability laws and may make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.