We are an innovative, fully-vertical cannabis company recognized for shattering stereotypes and setting new standards within the cannabis industry. With a focus on consumer education and staff training, we are working to change the perceptions of cannabis. From the thoughtfully curated collection of products down to the modern, strategic layouts of each location, every detail is designed with the customer experience in mind. We believe that each and every customer deserves to be treated with compassion backed with expertise and appreciation.
Our most important asset is our people. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that promotes engagement, teamwork, and the continued opportunity for development through the empowerment of our people.
We believe in setting the standard by providing our customers with carefully curated products and high-performing, knowledgeable team members to ensure a quality experience with every interaction.
By being transparent and treating everyone with respect, we can focus on what really matters to us as a company: our team and our customers.
We take ownership of our work and honor our commitments. We are proud of our accomplishments and recognize our failures by reinforcing the “we” in our efforts and removing the “they”.
We believe in cultivating growth in all that we do, from the growth of our business to the personal and professional growth and enrichment of our teams.
What We Offer:
- Employee Discount
- Exclusive access to Urbn Learning Center
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Job Title: Field Human Resources Business Partner
Reports to: VP of People Operations
Job Class: Exempt
We are currently seeking a strategic Field People Ops (HR) Business Partner for our Northern California territory to partner with business leaders in defining and operationalizing a strategic people agenda for continuous growth and transformation of Statehouse’s culture and capability. Our People Function is responsible for collaborating with the business to help solve complex organizational challenges, while ensuring we have the right people in the right function, helping us drive results and grow our business. The People Ops BP will work in the field to ensure the design of our people strategies aligns with the business strategies as well as successfully implement critical people initiatives and daily operations in a rapidly growing business environment.
This is a role for someone with expertise in field operations, talent development, as well as implementation of enterprise initiatives and programs. We are searching for a partner who can work effectively in a highly changing environment, demonstrating the ability to learn and adjust quickly while bringing others along when implementing innovative ideas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Consults with leaders, providing People Ops (HR) guidance when appropriate.
- Proactively provide new, creative solutions to business challenges – while also building on existing processes and methods
- Be a trusted advisor to the business by establishing and maintaining strong relationships with management and employees, knowing the business inside and out.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the People Ops (HR) team to develop solutions, programs, practices, and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues in partnership with the ER manager. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day leadership of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to leaders at each location within the designated territory (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met. Partners with the L&D manager to review effectiveness of current training and design of future trainings as needed.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels and employee skill sets by partnering with the TA team for recruiting, interview and onboarding process that ensures the timely fulfillment of open requisitions.
- Manages and oversees employee separations for compliance and ensures documentation is accurate, organized, and timely.
- Responsible for compliant administration and communication of various time away from work programs including FMLA, CFRA, PDL and other leaves.
- Ensure a safe working environment by partnering with the safety team and location managers to monitor for proper adherence to initiatives and processes
- Support on a variety of other HR initiatives around labor relations, employee relations, talent management, and more.
- Travel within the Northern CA territory to the Statehouse dispensaries and other work locations each week
- Assist in the implementation and management of compensation and benefits.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Quick to learn and acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Agile with strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, DEI, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Reliable mode of transportation to travel within the territory to designated locations (mileage reimbursement as well as other approved travel expenses will be included)
- Ability to travel and work at designated locations each week
Skills and Attitudes:
Must be motivated, diligent, and passionate. This position requires someone who has the ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Must have:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
Must have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in a relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an HR generalist or manager including the resolution of complex employee relations issues.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: (Ex: CA Driver’s license for drivers, CPA for tax accountant, etc.)
- Valid CA Driver’s license (field role requires travel to each location)
- PHR or SPHR preferred
(N)Never, (O)Occasionally or (C)Constantly
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods. (C)
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another. (C)
- Adjusting or moving objects up to twenty-five pounds in all directions. (O)
- Communicating with others to exchange information. (C)
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. (C)
- Operating motor vehicles (C)
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned. (C)
- Working on a computer for prolonged periods. (C)
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing. (C)
- Noisy environments. (O)
- Working in a variety of environments including store, manufacturing & cultivation sites (C)
$85,000 - $100,000 / year DOE
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Urbn Leaf & Harborside provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, citizenship status, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, family medical history or genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Urbn Leaf and Harborside comply with federal and state disability laws and may make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.