California, United States · Marketing
In this role, you will be the primary policy advocate and market development agent for various states in the western United States. We are searching for a bright, creative, and driven utility subject matter expert who can spearhead regulatory initiatives and build industry relationships in each state. In collaboration with sales, marketing and product teams, you will develop and implement state-level regulatory strategies to advance Urbint’s business objectives. As the Western Regulatory Manager, you will be Urbint’s ambassador to the western region of the United States, building and maintaining relationships with regulators, industry stakeholders, and utility clients.
- Design and execute on a regulatory strategy to achieve Urbint’s market goals in western states
- Advocate for Urbint’s solutions with state regulators, regulatory staff, policy creators, and other stakeholders
- Analyze policy and regulatory trends related to safety and resilience of energy delivery systems
- Build relationships with utility clients to support and advocate for client regulatory objectives
- Identify market opportunities through research and analysis of state-level energy policies
- Leverage market and regulatory insights to drive sales strategy and enhance solution value proposition
- Establish Urbint’s brand in western states by attending and presenting at state and regional industry forums
- Support product, marketing, and sales teams with regular and ad hoc state-level analyses or market and regulatory dynamics
- Be the industry subject matter expert and provide unique regulatory insight in sales, project kickoff, and project delivery meetings
- Engage in thought leadership with industry stakeholders in the promotion of innovation, artificial intelligence, safety, and resilience
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a utility, trade organization, environmental non-profit, consulting firm, or technology company
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters in Public Policy and/or Business Administration is a plus
- Knowledge and familiarity with the utility industry and/or other regulated markets; experience with utility regulatory commissions is preferred
- Exceptional skills in building relationships, thought leadership, and policy/regulatory analysis
- Excellent communicator, both orally and written
- Comfortable defending positions, persuading team members, and presenting externally
- Comfort with ambiguous problems, undefined solutions, and a fast pace
- Gritty, driven, and persistent in delivering high-quality, actionable insights
- Commitment to solving important problems affecting our communities
What We Offer:
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities more resilient.
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package.
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid.
- Prime NoHo Location - Our office sits in the heart of NYC’s historic NoHo district and is just minutes away from the BDFM and 6 subway lines.
- Health Perks - Gym reimbursement and citibike membership.
- Strong Culture - collaborative office focused on teamwork, humility, and hustle.
- Catered lunch on Thursdays, plus a kitchen filled with snacks and drinks.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.