We are looking for a goal-oriented and self-motivated Senior QA Automation Engineer to join our team in Berlin or Amsterdam. You will join a dynamic team of Engineers who share a passion for technology and for providing the best experience possible to our members. In this role, you will be the key player of our QA team, working with remote colleagues based in Amsterdam and Berlin tech hubs and focus your efforts on driving our automation engineering frameworks, tools, and approaches in regards to our platform, it’s microservices and third-party integrations.
Urban Sports Club engineers are smart, flexible and great problem solvers. We follow software development best practices to build a well-specified, scalable product based on strongly modularized architecture, automated testing, and deployment. Join our team and help us continue to inspire people to lead an active and healthy life!
- Work together with the team in an agile manner in a squad-based organisation.
- Maintain and evolve our QA automation frameworks for Urban Sports Club and OneFit platforms to shorten the feedback loop and accelerate development and delivery
- Develop effective QA strategies and come up with reliable, detailed test plans, test cases and documentation
- Never stop learning - discover and experiment with new test techniques and formats, strive for continuous improvement and share your findings with the team
- Testing is not only for QA - you’re not responsible for doing all the work, but we expect you to drive the quality topic within your team (including establishing quality assurance measures and testing standards throughout the software development process)
- Be a coach to support junior engineers and share knowledge across the team
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You’ve been working as a quality engineer for at least 4 years with at least 3 of those focused on automation (back-end, APIs, microservices)
- You’re experienced with source code repository tools using Git
- You bring working knowledge of Jira, TestRail
- You know your way around CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TravisCI, Docker and Kubernetes
- You’re a confident user of automation frameworks like Cypress, Cucumber, Selenium as well as BDD
- Your profound SQL querying experience allows you to perform back-end testing
- You can perform REST API testing using Postman or similar tools
- You have a 'Shift-Left' QA mentality where Quality is shared and owned at all stages of SDLC
- You embrace work in distributed teams with some colleagues working remotely
- You are adaptive to changing environments and flexible enough to change focus
Even better if you have experience with
- Performance and security testing
- Hands-on automation on a native and a cross-platform mobile environment (React Native and iOS/Android)
- Until we have beat this pandemic, we’re working in hybrid mode where we encourage you to work from home, while still giving you the possibility to meet colleagues to collaborate onsite
- The opportunity to have a measurable impact within an innovative and performance-driven company, further shaping how people find and enjoy their favourite sport
- “Workout. Life. Balance.” Life happens, and work can’t always come first. We support you in finding a way to balance the two
- An autonomous work environment that embraces ownership, where everyone's opinion is equally valuable. Whether you’re an Intern or an Executive, we want to hear your ideas
- Regular digital team events and other initiatives helping employees to stay productive, healthy and engaged during hybrid mode
- Many additional perks including: choice of computer/technology, dog friendly workplace, fully equipped kitchens with healthy snacks & beverages, employee referral bonuses, and more
- A free Urban Sports Club Membership (to use even during lockdown with our live online classes!)
Urban Sports Club is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of their sports preferences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).