We are looking for a goal-oriented and self-motivated Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our team in Berlin. As a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will join a dynamic team of engineers who share a passion for technology and for providing the best experience possible to our members. In this role, you will become a part of the Urban Sports Club core development team responsible for designing and developing complex web applications and new features for our platform.
Urban Sports Club engineers are smart, flexible and great problem solvers. We follow software development best practices to build a well-specified, scalable product based on strongly modularized architecture, automated testing, and deployment. Join our team and help us continue to inspire people to lead an active and healthy life!
- Own multiple areas of work & projects, focusing on the development and maintenance of new and existing features for the Urban Sports Club product
- Ensure excellent code quality and enforce best practices by communicating with team members and holding each other accountable
- Share your knowledge and serve as mentor for other developers
- Work together with your team to assess and make final decisions in a timely and confident manner
- Coordinate with other disciplines (e.g. QA, DevOps, Design) to ensure customer needs are identified and met
- Collaborate with and challenge your fellow developers to generate new ideas and innovative solutions that will best serve the Urban Sports Club members
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You have 4+ years of experience writing high-quality software, adhering to best practices in OOP, SOLID principles, design patterns, clean code, and testing.
- You are proactive, goal-oriented, self-motivated, reliable, and structured in your work
- You thrive in a fast-paced release-focused environment with the focus on delivering quickly and efficiently, and then iterating continuously
- Your communication skills in English allow you to express technical concepts to stakeholders clearly and convincingly no matter their professional background
Even better if you have experience with:
- a PHP framework like Laravel, Symfony, Zend or Phalcon
- ReactJS, VueJS or NodeJS
- working and deploying code in cloud environments (eg: AWS, GCP)
- Agile and XP practices
- ElasticSearch or another Lucene-based search engine
OUR OFFER TO YOU
- Until we have beat this pandemic, we’re working in hybrid mode where we encourage you to work from home, while still giving you the possibility to meet colleagues to collaborate onsite
- The opportunity to have a measurable impact within an innovative and performance-driven company, further shaping how people find and enjoy their favourite sport
- “Workout. Life. Balance.” Life happens, and work can’t always come first. We support you in finding a way to balance the two
- An autonomous work environment that embraces ownership, where everyone's opinion is equally valuable. Whether you’re an Intern or an Executive, we want to hear your ideas
- Regular digital team events and other initiatives helping employees to stay productive, healthy and engaged during hybrid mode
- Many additional perks including: choice of computer/technology, dog friendly workplace, fully equipped kitchens with healthy snacks & beverages, employee referral bonuses, and more
- A free Urban Sports Club L Membership (even during lockdown with our live online classes!)
Urban Sports Club is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of their sports preferences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).