We are looking for a proactive, solution-oriented Mobile Developer to join our team in Berlin. As a Mobile Developer, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on key areas of our product and improve the experience of our rapidly-growing member-base across Europe. Join our team and help us continue to inspire people to lead an active and healthy life.
- Develop new features in React Native and improve existing features in the Urban Sports Club app
- Serve as the key responsible for app development, architecture, and API integration
- Conceive, design, and engineer mobile strategies to ensure the Urban Sports Club app remains a dynamic, reliable, and effortless tool for members as we scale
- Partner with QA to identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues
- Collaborate with and challenge your fellow developers to generate new ideas and innovative solutions that will best serve the USC members
Our tech stack
- Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Detox
- HTML5, CSS, Sass, React.js, jQuery
- Phalcon, PHP 7, PHPUnit, Behat
- Swift, Kotlin, React Native
- REST API, JSON, SOAP
- AWS, Debian, Docker, nginx
- PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Git, Scrum
What you need to succeed
- 3+ years of experience with mobile application development from planning to execution
- You successfully finished your academic studies in the field of computer sciences or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency with one or more of the following: React Native, TypeScript, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin
- Experience with implementing complex, hybrid language/native mobile, UIs
- Experience with automated testing (Unit, Functional, Acceptance), MVP, and Continuous Integration
- Experience with maps and location services, deep linking, push notifications, A/B testing, and analytics
- Desire to work with clean and maintainable code
- Clear and convincing communication skills in English with an ability to express technical concepts to stakeholders no matter their professional background
Our offer to you
- A mission-driven workplace where your daily tasks will help people lead a happy and healthy life.
- The opportunity to have a measurable impact within a fast-growing, innovative and performance-driven company during the outset of its international market expansion.
- “Workout. Life. Balance.” Life happens, and work can’t always come first. We support you in finding a way to balance the two.
- Lots of learning opportunities - we enable you to grow both personally and professionally.
- An autonomous work environment that embraces self-responsibility, where everyone's opinion is equally valuable.
- Many additional perks including: regular team events, foreign language classes, periodic home office flexibility, choice of computer/technology, dog-friendly workplace, fully equipped kitchens with healthy snacks & beverages, employee referral bonuses, and more.
- A free Urban Sports Club L Membership (and lots of colleagues to use it with!)
- Relocation assistance
Urban Sports Club is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of their sports preferences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).