We are looking for an experienced, solution-oriented Mobile Developer to Head up our team in Berlin. As Head of Mobile Development, you will lead a dynamic team of Engineers who share a passion for technology and for providing the best experience possible to our members. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on key areas of our product, improve the experience of our rapidly growing member-base across Europe, and build a world-class mobile development team from scratch. Join our team and help us continue to inspire people to lead an active and healthy life.
- Build a world-class Mobile Engineering team
- Promote our tech brand by representing USC at key Engineering meetups, conferences, and events
- Partner with Tech Recruiters to interview and hire strong mobile engineers whose interest in tech topics is matched by their passion for improving our members’ experience
- Oversee and lead the activities of the mobile developers
- Coach, mentor, train and develop the team
- Conceive, design, and engineer mobile strategies to ensure the Urban Sports Club app remains a dynamic, reliable, and effortless tool for members as we scale
- Serve as the key responsible for app development, architecture, and API integration
- Collaborate with colleagues in Product, Design, and Engineering as part of a cross-functional, mission-driven agile team to ensure delivery of product features
Our tech stack
- Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Detox
- HTML5, CSS, Sass, React.js, jQuery
- Phalcon, PHP 7, PHPUnit, Behat
- Swift, Kotlin, React Native
- REST API, JSON, SOAP
- AWS, Debian, Docker, nginx
- PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Git, Scrum
- JIRA, TestRail
What you need to succeed
- Experience in hiring, mentoring and leading a team of 5+ developers with a history or shipping successful mobile apps
- 5+ years of experience with mobile application development from planning to publishing
- Proficient with one React Native, TypeScript, Objective-C, Swift, Java or Kotlin is a plus
- Desire to work with clean and maintainable code
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
Our offer to you
- A mission-driven workplace where your daily tasks will help people lead a happy and healthy life.
- The opportunity to have a measurable impact within a fast-growing, innovative and performance-driven company during the outset of its international market expansion.
- “Workout. Life. Balance.” Life happens, and work can’t always come first. We support you in finding a way to balance the two.
- Lots of learning opportunities - we enable you to grow both personally and professionally.
- An autonomous work environment that embraces self-responsibility, where everyone's opinion is equally valuable.
- Many additional perks including: regular team events, foreign language classes, periodic home office flexibility, choice of computer/technology, dog-friendly workplace, fully equipped kitchens with healthy snacks & beverages, employee referral bonuses, and more.
- A free Urban Sports Club L Membership (and lots of colleagues to use it with!)
- Relocation assistance
Urban Sports Club is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of their sports preferences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).