UrbanFootprint is the world’s first Urban Intelligence Platform. We provide critical intelligence to the institutions that are rebuilding the world's infrastructure. Where does the energy sector invest in electrification, decarbonization, and asset hardening in the face of climate threats? Where do cities and businesses invest to catch up with e-commerce, last-mile delivery, and new mobility? Where do governments deploy relief and new infrastructure to combat record hunger, homelessness, and hazard vulnerability? UrbanFootprint provides detailed and actionable answers to these questions and more.
UrbanFootprint supports organizations in ‘Building Resilience’.’ We organize, normalize, and align thousands of urban, climate, and community metrics across the continental U.S.. The platform delivers targeted insights via dynamic data streams and collaborative web mapping applications. We enable our customers to answer complex ‘where’ questions in minutes versus weeks, months, or years. Our customers include some of the largest energy utilities, major financial institutions, critical government agencies, top urban planning firms, and fast-growing mobility companies.
We’re growing rapidly in a market with a TAM of $22B, and just closed our Series B funding led by Citi Ventures, Valo Ventures, and Radicle Impact.Our founders, Joe DiStefano and Peter Calthorpe, are urban planning pioneers who have spent decades providing critical urban intelligence to cities and enterprises across the globe. UrbanFootprint was named one of the World’s Most Innovative companies in 2021, and is on the GovTech 100 list. Our platform was awarded the top spot in FastCo’s Innovation by Design competition.
You will be the first, dedicated, in-house accounting hire. This role will be critical to building the finance function at UrbanFootprint. To do so, you’ll partner with the VP of Finance, our external accounting firm and other stakeholders across the organization to build the process, policies and systems to enable continued rapid growth.
This role provides significant growth opportunity and is perfect for a talented and eagar individual who thrives in a fast-paced, exciting and challenging environment.
What you’ll do
- Identify and implement process and system refinements that drive scalability, efficiency, and productivity
- Compiles monthly financial reporting packages and regulatory reporting.
- Builds and maintains financial and key performance indicator reports.
- Month end close accounting responsibilities; prepare general ledger schedules, reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Supports year-end audit, and schedule requests of external auditors.
- Supports business leaders and VP of Finance in financial planning and analysis
- Ad Hoc projects and analyses
Your background likely includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related degrees and experience
- 3 - 4 years of experience in a related role, ideally with a SaaS company
- GAAP and technical accounting experience
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience implementing systems, policies and procedures
- Strong communication skills and experience in effectively presenting key financial data
- Strong sense of ownership, organization and time management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize
- Public accounting experience
- Previous start-up experience
- Experience with QuickBooks, Salesforce, Airbase and other similar applications
UrbanFootprint is committed to diversity in its workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.