UrbanFootprint is the world’s first Urban Intelligence Platform. We provide critical intelligence to the institutions that are rebuilding the world's infrastructure. Where does the energy sector invest in electrification, decarbonization, and asset hardening in the face of climate threats? Where do cities and businesses invest to catch up with e-commerce, last-mile delivery, and new mobility? Where do governments deploy relief and new infrastructure to combat record hunger, homelessness, and hazard vulnerability? UrbanFootprint provides detailed and actionable answers to these questions and more.
UrbanFootprint supports organizations in ‘Building Resilience’.’ We organize, normalize, and align thousands of urban, climate, and community metrics across the continental U.S.. The platform delivers targeted insights via dynamic data streams and collaborative web mapping applications. We enable our customers to answer complex ‘where’ questions in minutes versus weeks, months, or years. Our customers include some of the largest energy utilities, major financial institutions, critical government agencies, top urban planning firms, and fast-growing mobility companies.
We’re growing rapidly in a market with a TAM of $22B, and just closed our Series B funding led by Citi Ventures, Valo Ventures, and Radicle Impact.Our founders, Joe DiStefano and Peter Calthorpe, are urban planning pioneers who have spent decades providing critical urban intelligence to cities and enterprises across the globe. UrbanFootprint was named one of the World’s Most Innovative companies in 2021, and is on the GovTech 100 list. Our platform was awarded the top spot in FastCo’s Innovation by Design competition.
We’re hiring several Solutions Analyst (level flexible) with an analytical mindset who has experience working with geospatial data and products. You’ll be able to blend your technical background, customer-facing skills, and teamwork to design and build technical solutions for our enterprise customers. You are comfortable operating in a customer-facing environment on projects that have complexity, risk, and ambiguity. You are delivery-oriented and work with the account teams to identify risks and opportunities and work across our teams to address them.
What you’ll do:
- Perform location intelligence analysis, specifically focused on problems such as suitability analysis, service delivery, and urban planning policy assessments.
- Configure and build data pipelines to integrate customer data into our data products
- Own analytical problems from ideation, exploratory data analysis, and prototype, through to customer delivery, code review, and QA.
- Partner with technical project managers to understand client needs and perform analyses to address time-sensitive questions
- Leverage internal tools to ingest geospatial data for use in custom analysis for UrbanFootprint customers
- Present technical analyses to external clients that may include non-technical individuals.
- Collaborate with our internal data science, engineering, and product teams to inform the product and data roadmaps and identify new opportunities for development
- Support our Sales team with opportunity qualification and demonstrations in a pre-sales capacity
Your background most likely includes:
- A BS or MS in Data Science (with emphasis on geospatial analysis), Geography, Urban Planning, Public Policy, or other similar technical fields (with a strong focus on spatial data analysis and visualization),
- 5+ years of data analysis experience, with 2+ years experience with Python and Python’s scientific programming stack including pandas, and various visualization packages including map-based visualizations, geopandas is a plus
- Experience with SQL including familiarity with geospatial queries
- Comfort with interactive analysis in python (such as Jupyter notebooks)
- Experience with QGIS or similar GIS tools
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Nice to Haves:
- Configuring or managing ETL’s
- Experience working with version control software such as Git
- Previous experience working in cloud environments (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.)
UrbanFootprint is committed to diversity in its workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.