Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship (formerly Urban Airship) is a US company giving brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet passes and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.
Airship was named a Leader in Gartner’s most recent Mobile Marketing Platform Report, achieving positioned highest in its ability to execute and also furthest for its completeness of vision (full report here).
In January 2019, Airship acquired Accengage, continental Europe’s largest provider of mobile CRM and push notifications, to form the world’s largest digital customer engagement company, with offices in San Francisco, Portland, Paris, London, Munich and New Delhi.
Together, we work with many of the world’s most admired brands: Vodafone, BBC, McDonald's, Adidas, Zalando, Air France, Orange, AXA, NBC Universal, Sky News, The Home Depot, Carrefour, BNP Paribas, ASOS, Le Monde, Veepee, Rocket Internet and many more.
Based in one of our European hubs (Paris, London or Munich), you will be responsible for establishing and executing the regional Marketing Strategy and Action Plan, to support the EMEA activity and sustain our Regional leadership position and growth ambitions.
Reporting to our Paris-based Managing Director for EMEA, you will play a key role in the success of Airship in the Region. Indeed, you will join the regional leadership team, as you will lead the regional Marketing Team (composed of 3 people), be in regular contact with the regional Sales and Customer Success Teams, and will align regularly with the US Central Marketing Team, in charge of the Global Marketing Strategy.
The EMEA Marketing Team scope spans across our 3 regional hubs - EU-North (UK & Nordics & Middle-East), EU-South (France, Italy and Spain mainly) and EU-Central (DACH & Central Europe) - developed from our London, Paris and Munich offices.
You will travel on a rather regular basis to support regional events and meet the local teams for alignment.
In a nutshell, key aspects of the role are:
- Management of 3 people
- Regional Marketing role to expand Demand
- Operational role with Planning & Strategy building skills
- Strong expertise required in Demand Generation / Digital Marketing / Event Marketing.
The EMEA Marketing main goals are to:
- Stimulate and generate regional Demand and Pipeline for our services, through regular highest-quality events (trade shows, conferences, dinners…), programs (webinars, white paper, ad, email campaigns…) and overall actions
- Enable Sales and Customer Success teams for best knowledge, expertise and efficiency on Airship assets and events
- Reinforce Airship brand awareness and leadership image through Press Relations, participation to industry events and associations, social communication, customer content and contribution to global website
- Transition branding from Accengage to Airship for Accengage customer base and territories where Accengage brand is strong.
In more details, your responsibilities will include:
- Establish a regional Marketing Strategy in conjunction with the US Central support and global strategy
- Set the resulting Action Plan for all EMEA regions and support the teams in achieving their goals
- Manage, lead, motivate the current Marketing team (3 people) and grow their skills
- Manage and optimize the Marketing Budget for EMEA activities
- Relentlessly analyse and optimise the Marketing actions to improve results
- Analyze competition activities as well the ecosystem evolutions to enrich Marketing tactics.
- Event Management
- Research and select industry and vertical most relevant trade shows and events
- Determine the right planning, execution and organisation on all characteristics (whether pre-event communication and team enablement, during-event presence design or post-event follow-up and pipeline impact analysis…) all with a high-sense of quality and efficiency
- Build a program of ambitious self-owned events (breakfast conferences or summits), including all logistics (venue selection, design, onsite organisation…), guest speaker recruitment, selection and speaking material creation, and all communication plans to make these industry best-in-class events
- Help the marketing and sales teams drive demand during these events (on-site meetings, conference opportunities, catch attention…)
- Plan and organize other types of events (VIP dinners, conferences, partnership events…)
- Perform post-event interviews with staff, analyze event success and impact on pipeline and optimize
- Constantly be on the lookout for event best practices, approaches, innovations and technologies.
- Digital Lead Generation
- Create lead-generating programs to fuel top of funnel, as well as nudge mid-funnel
- Support the Marketing team in organizing inspiring and catchy webinars regularly
- Help create or adapt high quality content (webinar slides, white papers…) with regional customer case studies and references, showcasing our leadership, using local or US creative resources
- Set up intelligent marketing campaigns using various tactics (including growth hacking techniques) to generate qualitative leads from your territory, nurture existing leads, create upselling opportunities and increase brand awareness
- Conduct market research to identify new lead sourcing opportunities
- Leverage marketing automation tools & related technologies to increase demand
- Analyse KPIs and implement improvements.
- Website & Content Marketing
- Manage and help transition smoothly the Accengage website into the Central Airship website and contribute to its localization, while maximizing SEO impact
- Manage the Accengage brand fade-off while leveraging its strength in certain markets
- Create valuable content including presentations, speaker notes, customer case studies, white papers, social & blog posts, videos, marketing emails, etc.
- Localize marketing and sales assets together with the US.
- Sales Enablement
- Provide our sales and customer success teams with the information, content, tools and processes they need to succeed at all stages
- Go the Extra Mile to prepare and help teams make the most of leads and communications for their sales goals
- Analyze needs, coverage and feedback from sales teams.
- Communication & PR
- Be our EMEA point of contact for media & communication inquiries, and one of our spokesmen, participating in speaking opportunities (webinars, conferences…)
- Work in close relationship with our Senior Director of Corporate Communications to coordinate all of our EMEA PR activities (bylines, articles, press releases etc).
- Manage and stimulate our regional PR agencies to achieve our goals and expectations
- Build and relay communication assets (posts, articles, videos…) through company and employee social media to strengthen our leadership and innovative image.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 7 to 15 years of experience as a B2B Marketing Manager, preferably for a SaaS / marketing technology company
- Demonstrated track record of success with marketing functions and collaboration with Direct Sales teams
- Strong understanding and expertise in B2B marketing to drive customer acquisition and demand generation
- Experience using Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics and other martech tools
- Strong project management skills and strengths in managing multiple projects/deadlines; ability to set priorities and be flexible in changing environments
- Strong analytical skills to understand, determine patterns and be able to optimize
- Hyper dynamic, curious, proactive, enthusiastic, creative and very meticulous
- Capable of inspiring and leading a team to achieve collective goals and grow their skills, as well as monitor their activities
- Excellent english written and verbal communication skills as it is the main used language. Additional languages are highly appreciated.
- Experience working in a pan-european team and/or in a US company is a plus.