You believe in the psychology of marketing, of getting into the headspace and the mindset of the person you are targeting. Seeing your campaign from their perspective allows you to achieve extraordinary results.
You love to dig into results, to figure out why something worked. You have a knack for identifying patterns and making connections that you then apply to the next campaign, the next channel, the next test.
You have a mind for the granular and for the grand. You think about how to get your campaign to appeal to the market at large, while keeping in mind the smallest detail that will be key to outsized success.
You believe in doing manual work, “things that don’t scale”, in relentless pursuit of figuring out what works. And once you’ve figured out what works, you doggedly break it down into its component pieces, into a new process and system, so that you can in fact scale it.
Does this describe you?
- You are results-oriented and internally driven to exceed goals.
- You’re ready to apply finely-honed demand gen, campaign management, and digital marketing skills at a fast-growing, industry-leading company with a growth mentality.
- You are extremely organized. You have spreadsheets to manage spreadsheets and you are meticulous about keeping them up to date and internally consistent.
- You have a high attention to detail. You have an eagle eye, and “minor” things like typos, grammar errors, alignment issues, and similar never slip by you. You are compelled to perfection in everything that is external-facing.
- You want to work with marketers at the top of their game with pedigrees from Salesforce, Google, LogMeIn/Citrix Online, Roblox, Saatchi & Saatchi, Procore and more.
- You understand a campaign isn't over at launch. You follow through, track results, and iterate to get the best results.
- You enjoy bringing big ideas to the table and finding a way to feasibly execute on them.
- Each time you press send on an email campaign you get a little bit of fear in your heart!
About the Role
Our demand generation team is breaking records left and right, but we’re just scratching the surface. We need a Demand Generation Director to help us take our campaigns and digital marketing to the next level. The focus is on driving net new business for our global sales team and includes tactics like ABM, webinars, email marketing, nurturing, SEM, paid social, content syndication, and more. This person will drive campaigns from concept to completion and ensure a strongly conceived and flawlessly executed pre/during/post campaign launch experience that drives lead generation, opportunity volume, and pipeline creation.
What You’ll Do
- Create, oversee, execute, and optimize campaigns that drive leads and pipeline.
- Lead cross-functional programs and tie together campaigns into complete initiatives and develop themes for webinars, content campaigns, and product launches that support our personas, verticals, and account-based targets.
- Drive long-term strategic campaigns as well as short-term opportunistic campaigns.
- Own paid media channels and be the expert in leveraging the right channel for the right audience and campaign message.
- Coordinate with sales and SDR team on campaign follow up.
- Monitor campaign performance, track against goals, and prepare and distribute campaign performance reports.
- Oversee digital marketing agency to drive efficient lead generation through SEM campaigns.
- Act as webinar producer and project manager.
- Support the global events team in leveraging channels to promote participation and drive registration.
- Conceptualize, build and optimize nurturing programs that tie into broader campaign themes to maximize conversion of existing marketing database to pipeline.
- Create campaign packages that can be leveraged and quickly executed by global counterparts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years broad B2B marketing experience across the full demand generation spectrum including ABM, email marketing, SEM, SEO, paid social, content syndication, display advertising and direct mail.
- B2B SaaS experience driving demand generation for a B2B sales team.
- Proven track record of creating, managing, and executing top-performing campaigns
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to build rapport, influence and deepen relationships with stakeholders, especially with sales.
- Strong and disciplined project management and process improvement capabilities.
- Advanced Salesforce and Marketo user.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Bizible, Drift, and other B2B martech tools/platforms.
- Experience creating and managing vertical-specific campaigns.
- Media planning and buying expertise with negotiation skills and scars to prove it.
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- And last but not least: an energetic, motivated, positive attitude!
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.