About the Role
The Airship Customer Success team is seeking a Manager, Technical Account Management who enjoys working with top-tier brands and customers, solving problems, and developing a high-performing team.
You will be responsible for leading our experienced team of Technical Account Managers, providing world class strategy and workflow support to our strategic, global customer base, helping them achieve maximum value from their Airship service subscription. You will also be instrumental in creating and improving our technical account management processes, developing and reporting metrics, and providing expertise on Airship's products and services.
The Manager, Technical Account Management works alongside their team, and interacts directly with customers as well as with Account Management, Engineering, Product, and Sales to implement, support, and improve Airship products and services. Success in this role is reflected in the Technical Account Management team’s achievements: successful implementations and renewals, meeting deliverables and timelines, production of high quality reports, and satisfied customers and team members.
You will be surrounded by passionate team members and peers who continually develop and improve their skills, enabling you to deliver industry-leading service and support to our customers. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, positive, empathetic, and brings excellent relationship building, communication, supervisory and project management skills to the role. You should be an excellent written and verbal communicator, enjoy helping others overcome tricky problems, and be able to navigate complex situations with enterprise customers.
- Planning and fostering your team members’ professional development and retention by conducting 1-on-1s, team meetings, and providing mentorship with regular, actionable feedback.
- Maintaining open communication channels with your team, Technical Support, Account Management, Engineering, and company leadership.
- Serving as the voice of the customer to help shape products through industry and product expertise, strategic customer guidance, and customer contract requirements.
- Leading a team that provides world-class support by taking ownership for customer challenges from initial contact to deploy including troubleshooting, assisting with QA, and ensuring that the customer understands any changes needed on their end.
- Creating partnerships with Engineering and Product teams to help the Technical Account Management Team support customers with Airship products and services.
- Providing metrics as established by leadership to track and report customer activities and retention.
- Developing and implementing Technical Account Management policies and procedures to help the team thrive amidst change.
- Maintaining grace and consistency under pressure, working diplomatically across the organization.
- At least 5 years experience in a customer-facing technical role and 2-3 years experience leading a technical account management team or similar team, with proven experience in successfully coaching and mentoring others
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship-building skills with particular focus on managing escalations for strategic customers
- Effective, clear, and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses a customer-first attitude with a strong sense of empathy
- Strong experience with one or more of: modern web services, mobile app development, mobile wallet, SMS, email, APIs, systems architecture, databases, or software as a service
- An analytical and data-driven approach to problem solving
- Able to successfully assess and prioritize multiple complex issues and tasks
Please include a cover letter with your application about why you are interested in Airship and specifically our open Manager, Technical Account Management position.
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.