You have a strong acumen for creating, measuring and reporting KPIs and metrics for a SaaS company’s finance team. You have a good working knowledge of NetSuite data schema or another finance system that you could rapidly transfer to working with NetSuite.
You know a well designed graph is worth a thousand numbers. You know an automated process beats a manual process every time. You see working in teams as a strength, not a burden.
About the Role
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst II role will identify business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs. They work closely with internal clients and Business System team members to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. It is essential that the BI Analyst build an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables them to identify and address critical issues, provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems. The BI Analyst will educate and train clients to use the data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new forms and content for the purpose of analysis and option exploration.
The BI Analyst will work with clients to determine business requirements, priorities, define Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and develop BI and data warehouse (DW) analysis and reporting strategy. This includes working with business and development peers to design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports. This individual is accountable for providing leadership and independent initiatives in facilitating information gathering, structured documentation and presentation of findings to all levels of management.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume explaining what interests you in Airship and why you are qualified for this position.
- Provide design support for the development of business intelligence solutions.
- Participates in workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions.
- Participating in project management estimation process.
- Works with internal and external customers and Business Systems partners to develop and analyze business intelligence needs.
- Interpreting business requirements and determining optimum BI solutions to meet needs.
- Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the enterprise wide BI systems.
- Performing analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Researches business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems.
- Planning, designing, and execution of test plans and monitoring testing process to ensure that business results are tested.
- Verifying the collected data is within required quality standards
- Maintaining the quality of metadata repository/data dictionary by adding, modifying, and deleting data.
- Researching tools, frameworks and mechanisms for data analytics.
- Interfacing with vendors to keep abreast of new technologies, pricing and customer applicability.
- Participating in vendor evaluations.
- Providing input to standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure, and attributes of the BI tools and systems.
- Designing and delivering end-user training and training materials.
- Training users to transform data into action-oriented information and to use that information correctly.
- Provides guidance, training, and problem solving assistance to other team members.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or specialized training/certification or equivalent work experience.
- Typically requires 5-7 years’ of Business Analysis or related technical experience
- Strong financial acumen to support KPI/metrics
- Understanding of financial business processes
- Knowledge of one or more business functional areas
- Experience in business intelligence and data warehousing development techniques highly preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite financial application integration experience and data schema
- Data modeling expertise at the enterprise level highly preferred.
- Experience with the Software as a Service business model would be a plus.
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.