About the Role
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst II role will be responsible for business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs. They work closely with internal clients and Business System team members to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. The BI Analyst will build an understanding of the business that enables them to identify and address critical issues, provide data that is accurate, and reliable. The BI Analyst will educate and train clients to use the data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new forms and content for the purpose of analysis and option exploration.
The BI Analyst will work with clients to determine business requirements, priorities, define Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and develop BI and data warehouse (DW) analysis and reporting strategy. This includes working with business and development peers to design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports. This individual is accountable for providing BI leadership and independent initiatives in facilitating information gathering, structured documentation and presentation of findings to all levels of management.
You like building strong working relationships with a wide variety of peer groups. When you look at data from, you immediately start forming questions you want to answer.
You have a strong acumen for creating, measuring and reporting KPIs and metrics for a SaaS company’s finance team. You have a good working knowledge of financial platforms
You know a well designed graph is worth a thousand numbers. You know an automated process beats a manual process every time. You see working in teams as a strength, not a burden.
Please Submit a Cover Letter with Your Application
We can read your resume, but we'd like to know how you’d apply your unique passion and experience to this job.
- Provide design support for the development of business intelligence solutions.
- Lead the process of delivering BI solutions, including inception, technical design, development, and testing.
- Works with internal and external customers and Business Systems partners to develop and analyze business intelligence needs.
- Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the enterprise wide BI systems.
- Performing analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Researches business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems.
- Verifying the collected data is within required quality standards.
- Researching tools, frameworks and mechanisms for data analytics.
- Interfacing with vendors to keep abreast of new technologies, pricing and customer applicability.
- Participating in vendor evaluations.
- Providing input to standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure, and attributes of the BI tools and systems.
- Designing and delivering end-user training and training materials on BI tools.
- Training users to transform data into action-oriented information and to use that information correctly.
- Provides guidance, training, and problem solving assistance to other team members.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or specialized training/certification or equivalent work experience
- Typically requires 3-5 years’ of Business Analysis or related technical experience
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases required
- Strong knowledge of at least one BI tool such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Understanding of data modeling
- Strong financial acumen to support development of metrics from a variety of business groups such as finance, engineering and customer success
- Experience in business intelligence and data warehousing development techniques highly preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite financial application integration experience and data schema preferred
- Experience with the Software as a Service business model would be a plus
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.