Airship is growing quickly and we are seeking a deep thinker who can help us achieve our growth objectives by rapidly leveraging data and insights to power high quality real-time decision making across the organization. This is a high visibility role with the potential to make a big impact.
The Marketing Operations Analyst will own marketing analytics and operational reporting that influences many teams across Airship. You will report on pipeline and campaign performance, measure ROI, optimize for efficiency, and identify any leakage across the marketing and sales funnel. You will be a strategic partner with the marketing team to ensure our data can provide insights that will drive our business forward. You will work closely with key stakeholders from marketing operations, demand generation, product marketing, content marketing, sales operations, data science, and other internal teams to leverage data to help drive smarter business decisions. You will get cross-functional exposure and the opportunity to present to and work directly with the executive team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong natural curiosity, the drive to ask probing questions, the ability to directly answer those questions, and the tenacity to uncover insights that will positively impact the business.
About the Position
- Own marketing analytics and operational reporting.
- Maintain consistent reporting cadences across the marketing org and use our data to communicate performance, areas for improvement, and shared successes or failures.
- Create reports and models to understand historical performance, project future results, and set goals.
- Drive campaign insights that enable the demand generation team to understand the performance of campaigns and events.
- Work closely with product marketing and content team stakeholders to drive insights regarding buyer personas, win/loss analysis, content performance and more.
- Create and manage Salesforce reports and dashboards.
- Track ROI and efficiency of marketing programs and larger initiatives.
- Monitor and report on performance at the Marketing Channel, Sub-Channel, Campaign, and Lead Level.
- Find operational process gaps and suggest findings where improvements can be made.
- Share and expand on findings to guide the company on making smarter business decisions and investments.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for marketing data and analytics and provide user support and training as needed.
- 5+ years related work experience – demand generation, marketing operations, or sales operations, or similar with at least 2 years in an analyst role.
- Excellent spoken and written skills with a proven ability to communicate a story with data.
- Strong presentation and Google Slides or Powerpoint skills highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization from entry level sales to executive level and give recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced highly demanding environment.
- Expert Excel data modeling and analysis skills.
- Expert Salesforce reporting skills.
- Experience with multi-touch attribution modeling using Bizible.
- Experience with marketing automation; Marketo preferred.
- Advanced SQL and fluency working with large data sets / data warehousing (Currently no BI tool in place but moving this way).
- Direct work experience in demand gen and/or sales development preferred.
- Direct work experience as an analyst in B2B SaaS preferred.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics preferred.
- BA or BS in economics, math, computer science, finance or other quantitative discipline.
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.